Introductions Newbie from Plymouth

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Tris, Tuesday 5th Aug, 2014.

1. Tris Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Tris South West
    Evening all,

Been a massive Honda follower for years and owned a number of Hondas now. Rough list below:

1986 Prelude 1.8 12v
    11 Honda CRXs (Mk2s) from UK 16v D16A9s to UK VTEC B16A1s Jap import Si & even a LHD Yank spec ZC
    Honda Civic GLs (Owned 2 a manual 1.4 and an Auto) Both great cars
    Currently own a Honda FR-V 2.2 Cdti and a LHD French CR-X (D16A9) also have a CR250 Motocross bike

Owned a large number of Honda bikes too but as this is more car based I won't expand on these.

Look forward to reading posts here and becoming an active member.

I'm not afraid to get stuck in I service all my own vehicles and undertake all work, engineer by trade and not shy of the spanners.

John Dickson and SpeedyGee like this.
  2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    :welcome:We have a motocross rider here :Happy:Welcome onboard 2 stroker which year is your CR steel or Ali frame.

Welcome along Honda NUT

3. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Welcome aboard Tris. Impressive history of Honda ownership that.

I see you're going to fit right in, we cater for everything Honda :Smile:

4. Tris Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Tris South West
    Mx bike is a 2004 2 Stroke, minter! thing is my pride & joy.

4 of my 11 Honda CRXs I turbocharged as well from scratch but have grown out of modifying cars now did the track day and modifying scene for a while and enjoyed myself but a family and lack of time prevents too many hobbies now. Balls deep changing the FR-V alternator on the FR-V at the moment that is how I found the forum :Niceone:

5. Tris Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Tris South West
    Thanks for the warm welcome gents tomorrow I will sort out my avatar and get some pics up. Awaiting the replacement alternator typically waited all day today with no delivery!

6. Doc Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Matt Peterborough
    Welcome to the club Tris.

We have bike riders (and a bike section) here as well as car drivers so all your Honda needs should be catered for.

Good to hear you like to get your hands dirty on the servicing I'm sure you'll have some helpful tips to offer.

7. Dave Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Welcome along fella :Smile: are you fitting the shorter belt at the same time? I assume it will be the same for your car as I think it's all I-CTDIs that have the longer belt that causes alternator bearings to fail.

8. Tris Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Tris South West
    Thanks. I will have a good nose about tomorrow and get familiar with the site. Surprised I haven't found you before! I've been on CR-X-UK for 10 years with 13,000 odd posts..

Feel I will fit right in here I'm so sad when bored sometimes I search just 'Honda' on gum tree locally to see whats about :Smile:

9. Tris Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Tris South West
    I believe I fitted the shorter serpentine belt last year as the previous belt sounded rough, had a revised layout in the bag from Mr H so suspect so. cheers anyway Dave

10. John Dickson Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Welcome to HK Tris :Hey:

Elaborate as much as you like on your Honda collection past and present. We all need our daily Honda fix here! :lol:

11. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Helloooooo and :welcome: to the club

12. Nels Moderator Staff Team

Welcome to HK Tris. :welcome:
    Good to have another Honda addict on board.
    Never hesitate to talk about any of your Hondas. You won't get any complaints here. :Wink:

Tris likes this.
  13. Filipa Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Wales Filipa Wrexham
    Welcome! :Grin:

14. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds