Introductions Newbie from Scotland..

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Sprockutt, Monday 20th Oct, 2014.

1. Sprockutt Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom David East Kilbride
    Just bought a little Honda Logo for a winter runabout and to save my 1st Generation MX5 from the Scottish Winter. I was going to buy a hardtop and just run the Mazda but that was going to be over £600 by the time I found a good one and had it painted etc. So started looking about for something decent for under £1000. Having previously owned two Jazz's (one 2nd hand & one new) I am a fan of the marque. So when I seen a local advert for a one lady owner, 35k miles car with a full dealership history I very quickly called up and went along to see it.

Now I know it doesn't exactly ooze street cred but for my requirements I think it's spot on. It has a few battle scars from being owned by an elderly lady but mechanically it is completely sorted. I needed a car that was economical, reliable and cheap to tax and insure. I'm well into my 40's but have only run cars on classic insurance and bikes. So I had no, no claims bonus to use on my car for the winter. My circumstances have changed and now I need to drive to work rather than commute by train.

I done some research on the car the night before I went to see it and it really did receive some appalling reviews. But that was measured against more modern designs of the time like the Fiesta and the Polo. But 14 years later in a sub £1000 market saturated by cars that wouldn't look out of place in a scrap yard then it ticks a load of boxes for me. Added to that it's also a Honda so well built and it's a bit quirky and not a common site on the roads.

I've very quickly got quite attached to the wee thing and from just treating it as a runner. I have now decided to have the few bodywork bumps and scrapes attended to and fitting a nice set of JDM Enkei 14" J-Speeds. I had purchased these for the Mazda but I'm pretty sure they'll fit straight on the Logo as I think they are both 4x100 fitments?

Anyhow I had a quick look about on google for info and parts support but not much doing for this pretty much unloved model. So any advice for parts etc will be much appreciated.
    DeviateDefiant and moob like this.
  2. Duc de Pommfrit Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Chester Northumberland
    Hello and welcome to HK, have a good look around then pop your car in the club garage so we can see some pictures. :welcome:
    Sprockutt likes this.
  3. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    We got ourself a little logo :Happy:I would love to see your car in the garage buddy. Welcome to the club and hopefully we can get some more logo ownership info from you.
    Sprockutt likes this.
  4. Nighthawk Guest

United Kingdom
    Welcome to Honda Karma @Sprockutt, just seen her in the garage. If you need any advice or assistance with your little logo, please feel free to ask and we will help as much as possible.

Most japanese wheel studs are the same so those wheels should fit just fine.

Also, we have an affiliation with Holdcroft Honda and members of the rank "club member" and above can get discounts on all original parts.
    Sprockutt likes this.
  5. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Welcome to Honda Karma, David :Hey:

Nice little car the Logo, should serve you well. Look forward to seeing her in new shoes and with bodywork sorted.
    Sprockutt likes this.
  6. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Hello:Bye: and :welcome: to the club
    Sprockutt likes this.
  7. Nels Moderator Staff Team

Welcome to HK David. :welcome:
    Great to see your Logo. Definitely a rare beauty. Looking forward to seeing how she develops.
    Sprockutt likes this.
  8. accordheritage Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

England York
    Welcome, love the Logo. One on my list if I had spaces.
    Sprockutt likes this.
  9. earthsciencer1 Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom Bob Wetherby
    The local Honda dealer took one in P/X a few months ago (apparently they allowed £250 against a Jazz) and has been using it to ferry people around on local journeys ever since (taking customers to railway station/place of work etc). They took me to the station in it once and I was amazed at how well it went considering that it had 160k miles on the clock. The interior was excellent too. As far as I know they continue to use it even now.

Yours looks a beaut and should give you great service
    DeviateDefiant and Sprockutt like this.
  10. John Dickson Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Welcome to HK David. :welcome:

Just looked at your car in the garage and she's a little beauty. :Niceone:
    Sprockutt likes this.
  11. Bones126 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

England Dave Birmingham
    Hello and welcome :Thumbup:
  12. moob Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Scotland Rob Glasgow
    Big fan of the Jazz too since I bought the Mrs one last year.

I've seen a logo around Silverburn before. Is that yours?

Oops, forgot to say welcome!
    Sprockutt likes this.
  13. Sprockutt Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom David East Kilbride
    Nope not me I try to avoid the shops at Silverburn if at all possible! Just bought mine on Thursday of last week so might have been the old dear I purchased it from. Although I did see one in Paisley myself when I was picking friends up from the airport on Saturday...common as muck these Logo's :Wink: The car was from the West End of Glasgow and was bought and serviced at Hyndland Honda.

We bought our first Jazz 2nd hand when we had a MINI Cooper in 2002. Read so many good reviews and we needed our other car to be practical. Turned out to be a brilliant little car and made us go out and buy a brand new one in 2007 when our wee boy came along. They are such a well thought out brilliant design for a small car and massively under rated. Took a lot of slagging for owning a Jazz from mates due to the image but there was nothing in the market that ticked a s many boxes as the Jazz. Both of ours carried and moved loads that bigger 'family' cars couldn't look, were well built (the 02 car was better built than the 07) supremely reliable, cheap to run blah, blah. My wife drove our 02 plate one on countless trips up and down to the East Midlands when I was working there carrying all sorts of loads (we had ditched the mini and just had the Jazz and a motobike by that point.)

Anyhow thanks for the welcome and hope to see you around.:Thumbup: