Introductions newbie from Slough

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Old Cruiser, Saturday 4th Oct, 2014.

1. Old Cruiser Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

pete slough
    Newbie from Slough, just picked up a nice 2.0 Auto Executive 06 plate Accord, look forward to contributing to the site.
    Cheers Pete

2. Nighthawk Guest

United Kingdom Richard Milton Keynes
    Welcome to HK Pete, we look forward to hearing about your new Accord and seeing pictures of it in the Club Garage

3. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    Welcome to HK!

4. Duc de Pommfrit Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Chester Northumberland
    Hello and :welcome:

5. Old Cruiser Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

pete slough
    Thanks guys, will sort some photos soon.
    Cheers Pete

6. Old Cruiser Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

pete slough
    meant to say above! fist impressions are good, need to get used to the steering as it's so much lighter than my previous Civic type-S, which had appauling steering in all honesty, the Accord being hydraulic steering is a bonus to me, just don't like electric, what I do notice with the Accords steering is that when turning at slow speeds you can feel it wanting to constantly pull back to centre, almost a slight juddery feeling if that makes any sense!! hope that's normal!! feels a bit strange compared to the old Civic and does feel a little vague at motorway speeds, but will hopefully get used to that over time, other than that, all seems good along with a relatively smooth Auto box.
    Cheers Pete

7. Bones126 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

England Dave Birmingham
    Hello and welcome, nice place here and all the help you need.

8. Old Cruiser Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

pete slough
    Thanks mate

9. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Welcome to Honda Karma Pete :Hey:

Condition of tyres, tyre pressure, wheel alignment, state of steering system can all affect steering feel, perhaps driveshaft joints, ball joints also. Hopefully checking some of the basics will sort out the odd feeling at lower speed. Motorway speeds, that's probably just something that you need to get use to.

10. Old Cruiser Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

pete slough
    Thanks mate, will be checking all those areas soon.
    Cheers Pete

11. Nighthawk Guest

United Kingdom Richard Milton Keynes
    As speedy has said ^^

Our gen 7 Accords are incredibly fussy when it comes to tyres, alignment etc. There is a reason I specifically refer to mine as a female. :gotcha:

Duc de Pommfrit and SpeedyGee like this.
  12. Nels Moderator Staff Team

Welcome to HK Pete.:welcome:
    Good to have you aboard.

13. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    Welcome to the club Pete, glad to have you with us. Look forward to seeing some photos when you get around to it :Smile:

I'm another that doesn't like electronic steering. A tracking report is the simplest method to checking if something is out of spec, it's always hard trying to figure out if something is wrong without having driven another of the same model before. You'll find a lot of places will check alignment for free like Kwik-Fit.

Otherwise a tell-tale sign of something being out-of-spec would be uneven tyre wear. It's probably also worth going and having a sniff around the suspension and look at ARB drop-links, bushes, ball-joints - just generally getting a feel for the overall condition of your new girl :Smile:

14. Old Cruiser Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

pete slough
    Will be booking her into WIM in Chesham www.wheels-inmotion.co.uk always use them Tony Bones the owner is an authority on anything geometry wise what he doesn't know ain't worth knowing as it were! trouble is a lot places i.e kwik-fit and the likes are just not up to it where alignment is concerned, often find them adjusting the front and that's it, my first question to them is what are you aligning against , ' the machine they say' !! but what about the rear is my next question to them ,get blank looks!! as basically to get it right the rear needs to be set up to find and set the thrust angle at 0 (imaginary centre line through the car ) and then set the rest against this and this is why I use WIM as they do it the correct way.
    Cheers Pete

15. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    I completely agree with you, and I've had similar experiences with Kwik-Fit in particular in the past - I personally still use them as a family friend works there, cheap rates and a job well done. Sounds like you've got everything well under wraps, upload an alignment report for us when everything's sorted :Smile:

16. Old Cruiser Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

pete slough
    Will do mate.
    Cheers Pete

17. John Dickson Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Welcome to HK Pete. :welcome:

Old Cruiser likes this.
  18. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Welcome to HK Pete, I have to agree Tony at WIM is the ace of four wheel alignment has the opportunity to see him and get my accord aligned 6 years ago.

Old Cruiser likes this.
  19. cred Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom London
    Welcome to HK Pete

I also use WIM in Chesham... good service and last time they had a money off promotion on the web might be worth checking before you go

20. Chunkylover53 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Old Cruiser likes this.