Introductions newbie looking for an old HR-V.

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by drewster, Monday 16th May, 2016.

1. drewster New Member Getting Started

United Kingdom drewster dundee
    Hi everone! I've found one but don't know if its a good one yet. FSH is ideal but its a 53 plate and not many seem to have them anymore. How can I check the cambelt/water pump has been changed without paperwork. Its 90k miles confirmed needs 2 tyres and in the long run it will need a new steering rack. MOT advisory states steering rack inner arm has slight play..but still that cambelt issue is niggling me. Any help is appreciated. i want back to land of reliable as i had an 11 plate not honda and it was nothing but problems after a year of me owning it. I love the HR-V .

2. legend-ary Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Legend The Big Smoke
    Hi @drewster and welcome to HK. Well I don't know about you but unless the owner can prove that the belt was changed, I wouldn't take a chance and get it done right away otherwise you might aswell throw a chunk of money down the drain. Other than that @MickyB has a HR-V so he might be able to advise you on common pitfalls.

drewster likes this.
  3. drewster New Member Getting Started

Hi legand-ary. Thank you and thanks for the info. i agree... might have to get it done straight away if I go ahead. Big if. I've emailed the guy see what he says. Until then I guess back to public transport.

4. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Hello:Bye:and:welcome:to:gohonda:Karma
    Now that you are an active member please note that you are eligible to vote for the Honda of the Month and other awards to members

I'll post you some details later as I'm out on a test run in mine after a front brake pad change.
    Nice view of sunny West Yorkshire to welcome you.
    image. image.

drewster and legend-ary like this.
  5. drewster New Member Getting Started

Thanks MickyB. Love the pics. Its a beautiful day to be doing a test run:Happy::Grin: Still waiting on an email on the HR-V i was talking about. I don't think it has had the cambelt/water pump changed at all and at 90k thats pushing it for a blown head even in relaible terms. I found another one bit mor expensive and 60k on the clock good condition but yours is a peach..need an HR-V in my life. Thanks again for the pics and welcome. Il be voting have no doubt

MickyB likes this.
  6. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

Welcome to HondaKarma @drewster :welcome:

Good luck with the HR-V search...:goodluck:

drewster likes this.
  7. drewster New Member Getting Started

Thanks FirstHonda.:Grin: Im getting the feeling im going to enjoy being in this club. can't wait to get my HR-V. Off to trawl the adds rightnow and its not even 9am.:quad:

8. Nels Moderator Staff Team

9. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

How is your search going?

10. Pottermus Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I know of a 2004 5dr with 35K on the clock if you're interested?

11. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham