Introductions Newbie looking for info

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Jamjar91, Saturday 24th Oct, 2015.

1. Jamjar91 New Member Getting Started

Scotland Jamjar91 Prestonpans
    Hey guys, just registered on the forum, looks like a great place for information and advice. I don't actually own a honda to be honest, I have a corsa vxr. Yeah, I know most of you will be snorting at the moment, how dare a vxr owner register on a honda forum haha. The thing is, the only thing I don't like about my vxr is the fact that it's FWD. I'm also just about to start some further education in mechanics as I don't really have any knowledge. Going ahead into next year, I'm seriously considering attempting to find a S2000 in the hopes of having some RWD fun, with the added bonus of playing about with a NA engine and some VTEC haha. I think I'd actually prefer finding a chassis in good condition and working up from there, if not, then just an older model that I might have to spend some time fixing the engine, as a project. Anyways, enough rambling, what I'm asking for, is where I can find a chassis or "for breaking/repairs" to buy, kinda having trouble finding one online.

Thanks for reading,
    Jamie,
    VXR owner XD
    11083661_904538752900495_3971307153634321424_n.

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Welcome buddy S2000 have two set pre expensive VED which is pre 2006 and then 2007 onward the VED is quite frankly insane! the 2007 car onwards are better cars TBH but the call is yours.

VXR are alight till they go wrong as long they are no VW :rasta: the lying scum.

3. 2.4 8thGen Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Brett Bristol
    Welcome along Jamie and hope you find your dream Honda

4. Jamjar91 New Member Getting Started

Hey Ichiban, thanks for the welcome :Smile: I don't mind which type I find, although being bluntly honest, I think I prefer the AP1 facelift, I think there's a GT version? I think if I do buy one, it will be SORN'd while I fix it, or convince the wife to take which ever car I'm not driving haha.
    - - - Updated - - -
    Thanks for the welcome 2.4 :Smile:

5. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Welcome to Honda Karma Jamie :Hey:

I think you're unlikely to find a good chassis. Think about it why would someone break an S2000 with a good chassis ? Engine and gearbox problems can be fixed.

Accident damaged, someone will still fix it. Bad accident damage, it'll be scrapped but then that's not good chassis.

I can't think of a situation where someone would sell an S2000 shell, it's not an EP3 !

6. Jamjar91 New Member Getting Started

Hey Speedy, I figured that as much, was just kinda dreaming haha, guess I'd have to buy one for sale that's relatively cheap. There's one currently on ebay that's appealing, just not got the time, money or physical space at the moment. Trying to convince my mate to buy it so we can work on it in the summer haha.

7. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    I was looking at the one the other day. "Project car ?" I said to myself ... reply came back "Nah ! CBA!!" LOL

8. Jamjar91 New Member Getting Started

That's the thing, I need to tinker on something haha, and the vxr is brand new, so other than upgrades, I have no reason to touch it. Ordering a new full exhaust system in January.

9. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

10. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Hello:Bye:and:welcome:to:gohonda:KARMA

11. Nels Moderator Staff Team

:welcome: to HK Jamie. We won't hold it against you for owning a Corsa. Well, not that much...
    An S2000 is something many of us would love to have, so good luck with your hunt. Keep us posted on your progress.

12. chris2982 Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom Chris Rowlands Gill
    welcome jamie :Smile: