Introductions newbie to Karma.

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by MrGreeny, Sunday 5th Jul, 2015.

1. MrGreeny Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Greeny Bristol
    Happy Sunday everybody hope you all are well.

my name is Liam Green (Greeny) I've recently purchased a white CL7 Euro R from Torque Gt.
    they still have my car and are waiting on my customs clearence letter so they can begin the work to get it ready for my collection in a few weeks.

i come from a background in Preludes. I still have my last one which is now my track car. My wife currently own a pirates black Accord Type-R which is beautiful.
    i don't really have any pictures of mine as of yet, so will have to update when i get my hands on her.

looking forward to integrating into yet another forum :Laughing: and hopefully meeting some of you at shows. myself and the wife will be on the Accordr.org stand at japfest2.

euro%20r.
    image.

2. Nighthawk Guest

United Kingdom Richard Milton Keynes
    Welcome to HK, she looks fantastic. Add her to our club garage when you get a chance, along with your Preludes. They will automatically show in your signatures of each post you make

3. MrGreeny Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi Nighthalwk, thank you.
    OK cool I'll check that out.

4. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    Welcome Liam, glad to see you made it to the forum - your Euro-R really is a beauty and can't wait to see more of her when she's on the road!

We've got a big stand going with @H-Tune for Japfest, over 30 confirmed spots so far. I'll be spending a bit of time at the Accord-R stand no doubt too :Whistle:

PS: You haven't got the car yet and already getting mods prepared - you'll fit right in here :Laughing:

5. ukcl9 Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

ukcl9 devon
    hi greeny,im a proud owner of a CL7 euro R to

6. MrGreeny Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hey, yes made it over here also. Thank you.

Ah brilliant I'll make sure i wander over and check our your stand.

Haha oh yes. New alloys ready, coilovers being fitted, just bought a spoiler too rofl.
    - - - Updated - - -
    Hey buddy. GReay can't wait to see it. Thank you for the spoiler lol :Smile:

7. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

We best get plenty of pics when you pick her up :Laughing:

You can buy from @ukcl9 with faith, he's a good guy who's shipped me bits in double quick time in the past :Smile:

8. MrGreeny Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I must just say I have fat cumbersome thumbs and I tend not to proof read. :Laughing::Innocent: so please forgive my mistakes haha.

That's good to know, I've already paid :Laughing: as family or friends. See I'm a trusting guy :Grin:

The forum and Facebook will be flooded with photos, I used to do a lot of photography as a hobby, but lost my mojo over the last few years so hopefully it'll get me going again.

9. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

Hah, we all do it mate - don't you worry about it :Laughing: Tut, running a massive parts group on Facebook and seeing all the issues people have doing that makes me say it's a bad move generally, but you're okay with @ukcl9 :Innocent:

That's good to hear mate, there's a huge photography thread on the forum somewhere - we've got a quite a few enthusiasts amongst us (I used to do a lot of paid semi-professional photography work, these days it's just product shots, my cars and meets!)

10. MrGreeny Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Yeah I suppose it is risky, touch wood I've never been bitten so far.
    I should probably pay the extra 3% is it and be covered.

Brilliant I'll have a good mooch around the forum in the next couple of days. It seems like a big site compared to most out there.

11. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

I always do mate, religiously, only a few members and people I really trust that I'll gift friends and family too.

Yeah, it's pretty big... we get a few hundred thousand hits a month! But we're still growing, we want to have more activity in some models which we don't have many members for at the moment.

12. MrGreeny Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Yeah I should start really.

Cool well I'll be as active as I can :Smile:
    Is there many CL7 euro r members on here I'd love to find out how many are in the country.

Oh God just seen ukcl9 has DC5 brembos for sale. Facepalm :Laughing:

13. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

I think we have around 5-6 Euro-Rs on the board in total, and there's around 10-20 in the country altogether. Only one I know of is a Facelift model. There is a lot more in the Republic of Ireland mind.

Personally I'd shove DS2500s on, decent blank discs, some braided lines and some quality performance brake fluid (ATE, Fuchs, Ferodo etc.) - never underestimate well set-up stock brakes.

14. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Welcome to Honda Karma @MrGreeny, look forward to seeing more of your CL7 Euro R when you get her and start modding.

15. ukcl9 Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

ukcl9 devon
    personaly i think the stock brakes even with good pads,disc's,fluids are not very good.
    IIRC the euro r has slighty bigger single pot nissin front calipers which warp the 25mm disc's..a good cheap upgrade is ATR twin pot calipers with 28mm disc's and pads.i realy like dexcil type z pads.but they are not cheap
    - - - Updated - - -
    i want your front number plate holder.lol

16. MrGreeny Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

ah really thats great news lol. i love the fact it so rare. one of the reasons i picked this over the DC5.
    your right with the brakes decent pads, lines and fluid does make a big difference. I'm about 50/50 on upgrading for perfromance swell as looks. i feel the car needs proper looking brakes upfront you know lol. especially in blue :Wink:

Thank you very much SpeedGee :Smile: i will definatly be uploading lots of pics.

Good to know, i think id read that some where also, can't remember where now though. ah the good old twin pots standard upgrade for just about every Honda lol.
    you can pay £120-£200 for the twin pots so I'm going to sweet talk the Boss when she comes back from shopping :Smile: fofl
    - - - Updated - - -
    do you not have the same number plate holder?
    i might be getting rid off it anyway ill know once i get her and can have a play around.
    If i do ill let you know.

17. Nels Moderator Staff Team

18. MrGreeny Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hey @Nels thank you very much.

I'm currently now just waiting for DVLA to register the car with the private reg.
    I'm off to Scotland at the end of the, I was hoping to have by then but it's very doubtful.

19. Nels Moderator Staff Team

I'd really like to see her in the Club Garage when you've got some pictures. :Photographer:
    The two above just make me want to see more! :Grin:

20. MrGreeny Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Yes indeed I can't wait get so e up.

Is the garage just for a couple of pictures?
    On other forums I normally make a build thread so it starts standard with lots of pics, and every time I get a new part I add to it.

Do I do the same on here, or is it all done through the garage?