General Newbie with many questions!

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by Chrispike, Friday 8th Aug, 2014.

1. Chrispike Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Sorry about the mass of questions here, just bought this today and there are some issues I need some advice on!

1. Sat nav is missing a disc, where is the best place to get one and what do I need to look out for.

2. Dual zone climate control isn't working, Passenger side vents showing 7C on my temperature probe (a cooking one!) and drivers side showing 21.3. What could this be?

3. Upper display doesn't light up. It will, if you press the plastic above it!

20140808_143744_zpsf46a5baa.

4.This little cup holder cubby doesnt close. Is there a fix or is it a new one.

20140808_143515_zps77dd8336.

5.Door seal, need a new one, how much am I looking at?

20140808_143335_zps0f930aa1.

6. Driver side headlight has some condensation inside. Can I dry this out, or do I need a new unit?

Phew, quite a long list, I hope I don't find anything else! Any help is appreciated!

2. Phil1978 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Phil Salisbury
    Welcome mate, hope you're enjoying the new car.

1. You could try ebay, or put up a wanted thread on here although I think you need a higher post count, ideally you want a genuine Honda disc as copies can wear the DVD drive,

2. Can you control the heating system via the touch screen?

3. Have a read through this, hopefully it'll sort your issue.

4. Not too sure on this one mate, hopefully someone in the know will be along.

5. Have a look one here for the Honda price, or give HH a ring.

6. Hopefully it'll be something simple like a poorly fitted cover or deteriorated seal on the cover causing moisture to enter the unit.

3. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    1. As the car is a Facelift you need one of the version 3 discs, @Phil1978 is on the money.
    2. I'm not sure where to start diagnosing this one but lift the upper panel (the one with the display on you're having trouble with) and start from there trying to follow it back. Clogged cabin filter (behind the glovebox) can cause issues, but I doubt in that case it would be just one side.
    3. As above.
    4. There's a little spring loaded latch on them which can go. I'll dig you out the part numbers.
    5. I'll check the condition of mine here as I'm breaking my old '03 at the moment. If you want a new replacement I can get the part number for you.
    6. Couple of things here, easiest of which just chuck new silica packs in there from the rear cap for the dipped bulbs. The silica packs often just get saturated. Also check for any cracks on the unit itself which would allow moisture in. A new unit for a Depo blueprint is about £100 from memory, more for OEM.

4. Nels Moderator Staff Team

I don't think the touchscreen will work without a disc.
    The FL 7th gens had voice activated satnav, so make sure you get the correct disc.

If the upper info display is not working, you will not know what temps the dual zone climate control is set at.

Try this:
    IMG_5549.

Press the auto button and make sure the 'dual' light if off.
    Press the RHS blue triangle several times. The temp will then be set at minimum.
    Press the RHS red triangle to increase the temp. It will change from min to 16, 17, 18 etc.
    If the 'dual' light is on, go through the directions above re blue and red triangles, but the LHS ones for passenger side, RHS for driver.
    Hope that makes sense.

The cup holder lid spring may be dislodged or broken, or the cogs jammed. _MG_5908 . 1.

It's not difficult to remove. Details here.

Once you've got it off, you can check what's wrong. These units do come up on ebay if you're wiling to wait.

Let us know how you get on.

5. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

Complete cup holder assembly: 77230-SEA-J01ZE - £92.38
    Right rear door seal - 72825-SEA-033 - £69.32
    Left rear door seal: 72865-SEA-033 - £69.32

For all OEM parts once you hit 25 posts you can get club discount and free delivery from our club dealer, Holdcroft Honda - they have a section here on the board with contact details. Price for headlights is over £350, I'd definitely go for Depos if you can't sort the moisture issue out. Discs there's no point getting from the dealers as they're so expensive.

It will mate.

6. Nels Moderator Staff Team

They must have changed things on the FL. I seem to remember mine wouldn't without a disc. I will have to go and check now. :Unknown:

7. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

Well put it this way, my Pre-Facelift has never had a working disc and has always worked fine :Smile:

8. Phil1978 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Phil Salisbury
    My pre FL works without the disc inserted, a FUBAR'd drive will stop you using the climate control properly, speaking from personal experience.

9. Nels Moderator Staff Team

Just been out to check, and remembered what happened when the disc is out. Some screens work, but not the menu one. If the battery is disconnected, then the pre-set radio stations are lost, and I couldn't re-store them without the disc. Also, I couldn't set the clock.

Apologies for my inaccuracy. :Blushing: :telloff:
    Can you access the menu screen without a disc( Phil or Leo)?

10. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

Yes mate, can access the menu screen - and can also set radio stations from memory. However as you say, no setting the clock as it's done automatically by the GPS satellites IIRC.

11. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    4) Cup holder has a spring mechanism, spring may have got stuck, alternatively there maybe something obstructing the mechanism (something that has possibly be dropped in from the top).
    It should be fixable, I can't think if any reason why it would need replacing.

Have a look at this guide for how to remove the cup holder "xcarlink" MP3 Unit Install • Honda Karma

Opps just realised @Nels has already answered this :Blushing:

12. Chrispike Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Problem 3 sorted! I Unplugged it, unscrewed it, plugged it in, it worked, screwed it back in, it still works.

Now for new problem 7

I've dropped a really small screwdriver into the passenger side air vent, while doing the above, I've tried sticking a magnetic screwdriver into the vent but no luck, i don't have anything else thats magnetic or anything tweezery thats long enough, can anyone suggest another way of getting it out. :help:

13. Chrispike Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Scratch that, display is dark again, and I've dropped the screwdriver further down inside the vent and can no longer see it.

Im useless at this fiddly stuff.

14. Dave Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Only thing I can think of is getting hold of a magnet and attaching it to some string.

15. Chrispike Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Looking for a picture, can I get into the ducting from underneath?

16. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

The way I'd go about it is tearing down the center panels to access the core and pull the pipes right there to drop the screwdriver out. The guide Speedy linked to for the xcarlink install has all the information for getting the head unit, pocket etc. removed. The core I believe is right behind where the head unit sits. Can anyone confirm?

To give you an idea of what you're dealing with:

B__1721.

It's going to be a bit of a ballache if you haven't done it before, I'd say trim removal tools are a must.

17. Nels Moderator Staff Team

These spring loaded grab tools are very handy.
    T2            IMG_5980. T3        IMG_5979.

DeviateDefiant likes this.
  18. Chrispike Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Taking the dash apart seems like a right nightmare, how much damage is the screwdriver likely to do if i leave it in there?

19. Nels Moderator Staff Team

Personally, I'd try to get it out.

20. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

Depends if it's resting up against a moving part or if it's caught somewhere that it's not going to budge from. For the latter the worst I think could happen is that it might rattle when the blowers are on full. If it's up against a fan or such, you could end up with a big mess.

Either way, I'd try and get it out - it'd bug me to high hell just knowing it's in there.