General Newbie with problem

Discussion in '3rd Generation (2006-2012)' started by Trend07, Thursday 7th Aug, 2014.

1. Trend07 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Trev
    Hi let me first say hello to every one on this fantastic forum.
    I have recently bought my first Honda (CR-V) and I am loving it already. One small issue I have is that when I have been for a drive and turn the car off It starts to drop water from underneath. The water is clear and cool. It's not from air on as I do not put it on. Expansion tan level as not gone down.
    Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks in advance

2. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Welcome!

It most likely is excess vapour from the air con. My 8th Generation Accord did this and my current 4th Generation CR-V does it too, and I hardly ever use air con. This country simply isnt hot enough to warrant using it. Honestly, I wouldn't worry mate.

Also, get some pics up of your motor! Good to have you join! :Hey:

3. Dave Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

If you have climate set to Auto the A/C will be on, you probably have to manually turn it off. It will be condensation from the A/C drain.

4. Zoot Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Scotland Ron Leeds
    I'm the owner of a fourth gen CR-V and I totally agree with Dave. If you have the climate control set to auto the air con is always on. You ned to turn the air con off and this will reduce the condensation dramatically.

Welcome to THE Honda Club.

5. John Dickson Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Welcome to HK Trev. :Hey:

Yes there can be a considerable condensate drain from aircon. My 8th Generation deposits a lot of aircon condensate on the ground particularly at the moment with the high humidity.

Let's see some picture of your car.

You can add to our Garage Section as well.

6. Nels Moderator Staff Team

:welcome: to HK Trev.
    If that's your little companion on your avatar, post a few pictures on here too.

7. Trend07 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Trev
    Thanks for the reassurance. Will get photos onwheni work out how to do,it