Introductions Newbie

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Bigt2811, Saturday 21st Mar, 2015.

1. Bigt2811 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

England Tony Romford
    hi guys very new to Honda cars just bought a 2004 2.2i-ctdi tourer it now has a chain issue a bad vibration under acceleration from 40mph and now the clutch is slipping plus side is I only paid 560 for it I have the new chains and guides but not tensioners thinking I may as well remove engine and do chains and clutch is it possible to remove engine whilst leaving gearbox in car

2. Nels Moderator Staff Team

Welcome to HK Tony.:welcome:

Congratulations on your Tourer. :Niceone:
    Pop your car in the Club Garage and she will show up at the bottom of all your posts. This helps us to help you.

I've not had the engine out of an I-CTDI so cannot answer that question. However, you need a special tool to fit a clutch in your car. If you do not have one and are unable to borrow one, then the cutch will not work correctly. Have a look through the 7th Generation Accord section. You will find lots of useful information there.

3. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Welcome to HK Tony.

To disconnect the gearbox from engine you have to disconnect everything connected to the gearbox anyway (driveshafts, linkages, mounts etc).
    Also you can't pull off the gearbox of the engine without dropping the subframe.

I guess what I'm saying is it's practically impossible to leave the gearbox in the bay and only take the engine out.

Also I'd like to reiterate what @Nels said about the special tool. I think you can get them off ebay for around £50 or so.

4. Superman001 Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom James Paisley
    Welcome Tony, hope you get those issues sorted :Thumbup:

5. Galgo Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hey Tony welcome to HK. That's a super cheap price you paid for your Tourer, wish mine cost that little to buy! lol

6. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Hello mate I hope your gamble pays off if you are doing the clutch its easier to do the timing chain if the engine is pulled out.

7. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Hello:Bye:and:welcome:to :gohonda:Karma

8. Bigt2811 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

England Tony Romford
    Hi guys removed engine and gearbox together replaced chains and manifold new flywheel and clutch on way tool hired from euro car parts for £20 /£366 deposit does anyone have torque settings for flywheel and clutch cover bolts please
    - - - Updated - - -
    Sorry guys thanks for the warm welcome as well will post photos as soon as car is up and running

9. Bigt2811 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

England Tony Romford
    Also replaced O/S drive shaft still got vibration but not as bad will change Inner shaft and N/S shaft when I refit engine