Introductions newbie

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by EG6_B16A2, Friday 8th Jul, 2016.

1. EG6_B16A2 New Member Getting Started

United Kingdom Ben Tadley
    Hello everyone,

I am new to the honda scene having previously owned 2x 4th Generation golf 1.8t(210bhp) and 1.9 GTTDI PD130, Anyway i have bought a 1992 Civic EG6 B16A2 off a friend it has 4-1 manifold with a decat to a HKS HI-POWER Back box, and a carbon whale penis intake, speed limiter removed and VTEC kick in 5,250rpm

Could someone point me in the right direction to acheieve more power :Smile:

Goals are to have it quicker than my uncles 2004 skoda fabia vrs stage 2 running 240bhp 430lbft.

Picture next to his jordan

Many, many thanks

Attached Files:

2. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Hello:Bye:and:welcome:to:gohonda:Karma
    Now that you are an active member please note that you are eligible to vote for the Honda of the Month and other awards to members

3. legend-ary Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Legend The Big Smoke
    Hello @EG6_B16A2 and welcome to HK!
    That is a neat looking Civic you have gotten your mitts on :Smile: we need more pics

The obvious suggestion would be to get ITR/Skunk2 cams and bigger TB. But the Fabia you are after is clearly boosted just by looking at the torque figure so you have to pile a bit of dough in with proper tuning.

Honda VTECs are always down on torque and unless you go for a forced induction as well in which case you have a better chance of chasing that vRS down. Even the mighty F20c of the S2000 with its 9000rpm and 247bhp doesn't have that torque because it's so hard revving.

Hondas are philosophically different. The Type-Rs/VTIs/SIRs have always been about balance rather than big numbers. He might pull out on straights but you can out handle him with a properly setup'd double wishbone suspension.

Or you can go for K20 swap ;D

@H-Tune might be able to advise you better Good luck. And keep us posted..

4. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Welcome to Honda Karma @EG6_B16A2 :Hey:

I've done a K24 frank swap in an EJ6 and I can tell you it's probably the most manic car I've been in. I estimate it does 0-60 under 5 seconds.
    Rough figures for that I think were 250bhp 210 ft/lb, 6 speed box with LSD ... right animal !

legend-ary likes this.
  5. Nels Moderator Staff Team

6. EG6_B16A2 New Member Getting Started

United Kingdom Ben Tadley
    Hello again and thank you for making me feel welcome :Smile:,

What would you lot say about installing water/Meth injection (WMI) ?

Is it worth it ?

7. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    @littlebo has experimented with WMI, would be good to hear his opinions on it.

8. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter