Introductions Newbie.

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Phil1978, Saturday 10th Aug, 2013.

1. Phil1978 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Phil Salisbury
    Hi.

I am currently driving a Skoda but am seriously considering getting an Accord 2.2 CTDI estate, I'm looking at 7th generation, preferably executive trim, any advice of what to look out for? I am a bus mechanic so have quite a good knowledge of cars and what to look for in general, but any tips will be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Phil.

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Hi and welcome buddy,if you are looking for a diesel I-CTDI please do your research these car do have a habit to bite your head off if you buy a neglected car.There are loads of thread in the 7th Generation section or the wiki to make your start.

Your mechanical skills will be advantageous. :Wink:

If you get stuck just ask.

3. Primarycare Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Primary c Northampton
    Hi bud
    Listen to CJ. and only buy a perfect FULL history model any neglected/cheap car will die on you.. There are a lot of tarted up sheds out there. I have a saloon exec and good ones are great cars bad ones are money pits so be careful and good luck with the search.

4. Phil1978 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Phil Salisbury
    Thanks for the replies fellas, made an interesting read, I'll have to have a thorough read through the service history and take the picture of the alternator belt routing with me.

Probably going to forget about the one I was looking at as it's 174 miles from me and that's a long way to go to be disappointed.