Off-Topic Next month's budget

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Ichiban, Tuesday 28th Feb, 2012.

1. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I am fearing the worst for this year budget I reckon the Chancellor George Osborne is going to yet again cash in on the motorist cash cow.

He has already said the rise of fuel duty will go ahead despite all the recently fuel price hikes
    Vehicle Road tax I can see the zero tax bracket to have a little nudge and the high emission vehicles getting another hammering

Will our roads improve..:Messed:

2. Doc Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Matt Peterborough
    Not likely. The government takes the money in fuel duty and road tax but it's the local councils who have to maintain the roads from their reduced budgets.

You could always buy a diesel?! Haha

3. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I have shares in Shell VPP petrolhead till I die. Life is too short to be worrying about fuel economy.

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
  5. davemazo Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

6. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Frankly owning a diesel car make no sense it just way too expensive. Corporates and fleet manager will still carry on as emissions are king when it comes to selecting a car.

7. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

8. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    For now , Iran will soon kick off and their goes our savings.

9. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Found this today,anybody signed up already?
    FairFuelUK

10. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
  11. Mikem Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

What we save from the Government the difference will be made up by the oil companies or should I say the cosy cartels.

12. Doc Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Matt Peterborough
    Inevitably the price of petrol will go up but not having the extra 3p on top is always a good thing. I think they're getting worried about th cost of company transport costs stifling a recovery.

13. Abbey Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

USA
    There's always some new tax on something, even here in the states.

Here, our gasoline is taxed unbelievably. Though admittedly, American gas prices are low by UK and European standards. Still, to us, it's a huge deal. Though it does seem that most small/medium sized towns are very well maintained, especially here in the South. There are very few pot holes in the roads, local schools are thriving and the local economies are doing well enough. Even if our national economy is still struggling. But that's a matter for the federal, not local government to worry over.