Planning Next Official Club Meet, Go-Karting (October TBC)

Discussion in 'Events and Meetings' started by DeviateDefiant, Monday 25th Aug, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    It's always hard collectively gathering up members and getting us all to one place, but we've done it before and we'll do it again. We're at the tail-end of festival season, but that doesn't mean we can't all get something organised before funds get tight on the run-up to Christmas.

It's not just for modified cars or the classics, whatever Honda you own we want you along. It's always good to put faces to the various names in the club.

Location and date is completely up for discussion. We could go for something simple like a country park, a fun event like go-karting, a dyno day at a garage, the sea side, or just find a McDonalds car park, nab some trays and pull off mad skids - I jest, but we're not limited to a stand at a show.

Our club merchandise will be available over the next couple of weeks, as many know - personal circumstances and Nostell Priory being cancelled took the wind from the sails. Let's get as many of us as possible to one location and see each others cars in the flesh.

MickyB and Ichiban like this.
  2. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    I'd be up for a meet around the Midlands :Smile::boss:

Harvey likes this.
  3. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I am optimistic to see an encouraging uptake of members meeting up, but they key is our merchandise which hopefully kickstart the lazy gits on here.

4. Duc de Pommfrit Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Chester Northumberland
    Name the place!

5. Nels Moderator Staff Team

Count me in. :Icecream:
    (Better start cleaning the car :eek:)

What about HH again? It's roughly central, and gives the guys a chance to pick up supplies, look at the new and used cars...

6. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

I think that's a good idea. @Ichiban what do you reckon, shall we see if they're receptive to another meet?

7. intruder Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

United Kingdom Rokas Bristol, UK
    I would push my arse into this!

8. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    I wouldn't mind doing a meet somewhere scenic.

intruder likes this.
  9. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I doubt it will materialise TBH , the main man has moved from that position and it won't be the same.

10. John Dickson Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Let me know the plans and I'll see if I can make it.

11. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

12. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

I'd say Go-Karting is an excellent idea personally, what do others think?

Duc de Pommfrit and MickyB like this.
  13. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Hell yeah time to haul some ... I am in

MickyB likes this.
  14. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I've done this at Tockwith you get 20 laps or 20 minutes whichever comes first, there's a transponder on each kart and the lap times are recorded at the end times are announced and then whoever is fastest is the King:king:.
    I think they can have 10 on at a time but not to sure. They also have a race circuit and do track sessions with there car.

15. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

I'll be decisive and say, go-karting around the Birmingham/Staffs/Stoke area it is. Once we've tracked down the best place to use, I'll also try find a good restaurant/pub in the area that we can all have a meal at afterwards - optional of course.

I think October is probably the best to give people time. The 11/12th is taken up by Brands Hatch already.

Candidates are then 18th, 19th, 25th and 26th.

We likely won't get a date suitable for every person that wants to go, but hopefully we can pick the one that the most people are available on.