Off-Topic Nfl

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by cv01jw, Thursday 5th Sep, 2013.

1. cv01jw Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

As a fan of the NFL I wondered if anyone else on here is a fan too?

The season kicks off tonight (well, very early tomorrow morning) so it might be a tough morning at work :Smile:
  2. Racy Jace Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I don't follow NFL but do follow the UFC which as on at the same silly times due to the time difference.
  3. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Well I am a fan and not fan too.. because basically I can't understand what's going on!! secondly don't understand why they have different teams for different field play. Did watch the last superbowl with the power cuts it was a close close game.
  4. cv01jw Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I only started following it last year and it does begin to make sense eventually!

If anyone is interested, Channel 4 are showing a game a week this year (late on Sunday / early Monday, so would need recording) along with a highlights show on Sunday mornings.

Starting on this Sunday they are also showing a program called Hard Knocks - it runs for five weeks and follows a team preparing for this season. It is well worth a watch.
  5. Phil1978 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Phil Salisbury

I'll have to watch that, I've been a Bears fan since I was little, but not having sky sports I struggle to see much.
  6. Pinkie15 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Oh, didn't know C4 were back with coverage.

Got well hooked first time round, what 25 yrs ago, when they first started showing it.

BTW a Seahawks fan, so years of disapointment.
  7. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

^^Me too, happy student days trying to understand what on earth was going on in the game.

Go Bengals! (from memory we all chose teams out of a hat...)
  8. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    Used to be a Bears fan and my brother was a Dolphins fan. Loved it but don't have the time anymore. Playing John Maddens on the Megadrive as a kid was fun! :Smile:
  9. cv01jw Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Seahawks are looking good this season, so now would be a good time to start watching again :Smile: C4 showed a Seahawks 49ers game this week and it should be available on 4oD until Sunday.

For my sins I am a Jets fan, and so expectations going into this season are low at best.

This site:
    NFL UK | American Football for UK Fans

Has a TV schedule in the first drop down menu along the top, and it highlights which game C4 is showing each week.

Based on the posts above, weeks to watch would be 23/9 Bears @ Steelers and 16/12 Bengals @ Steelers.

There is also one game on a Monday night for anyone with Eurosport.

- - - Updated - - -

@ FirstHonda You should watch Hard Knocks this year - it follows the Bengals through the offseason, preseason etc.