Facelift Model nice facelift

Discussion in '8th Generation (2008-2015) [Acura TSX]' started by Nikonandmac, Saturday 14th Jul, 2012.

1. Nikonandmac Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

1st service friday, 800 klms. washed and vacuumed, no problems. on my way to see friends saturday ... life's a box of chocolates. :Sobbing:rear-ended whilst not blocking a t-junction. i now have the information icon appearing in my display. i assume that's because i had to disconnect the proximity sensors before removing the rear 'bumper'?

Also CJ, i discovered there is no phillips screwdriver in the tool kit, only a flat-blade! the flat-blade doesn't reveal a phillips on the other end (in the handle). Not exactly useful this morning. You might want to check yours ...

image[2].

image.

image[4].

image[1].

The wretched Mitsubishi

image[3].

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Oh man my heart has become so heavy now.. this is awful what was the guy behind you thinking.

I have to say this but this may not be to your liking.... the damage to your car will be quite sustainable and a lot of hours in getting it back to factory. Can you take a shot of the boot where the space saver tyre is need to check if the floor has moved.

You have been hit in the rear so it clear cut it the 3rd parties fault. Make sure you get your car to a Honda authorised body shop and not a insurance approved chop shop.

I will check the toolkit bud. I am so unhappy how your car is looking at the moment. :Sobbing:

If you need a chat PM your land line number I will ring you.

3. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Oh man that is heartbreaking.Hope you get it sorted soon.

4. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Ah man thats a stinker!

Feel for you dude.

Least a nice whiplash claim should help ease the pain (so to speak). Hope it all gets sorted for you. If the floorpan is gone, then it may be a blessing in disguise that its written off. wouldn't want that repaired if that was the case and you can also get another new Accord. Keep us updated buddy and chin up bro - main thing is that you are ok. Cars can easily be replaced.

5. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Australia and New Zealand don't have the compo culture, it is the law I wish we can have that here.

6. Doc Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Matt Peterborough
    Fell gutted for you, reminds me of my last accident.

It looks like the reinforcing bar mount has taken the brunt of the damage and saved the boot. The rear bumper has clearly been torn off which I think makes it look worse than it possibly is. Assuming the other car hasn't gone under yours in the impact, which from the photos it doesn't look like it, then I'd say your boot floor should be ok. But only photos will confirm that. I'd say the damage is cosmetic rather than structural.

I'm going to put my money on repairable.

You get squat for whiplash claims these days. You'll get around £1500 to £1800 for neck pain. Injury payments are very standardised now.

7. Nikonandmac Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Cheers guys. The girl (20-something) was very humble, apologized and contacted her insurance straight away. They've offered to deal direct. My dealer has put me on to their repairer. Saw it all happening in slow- mo. She wasn't on the phone but admits wasn't concentrating. both her airbags went off.

The boot lid only has a nick to the tiny goo edging from the twisted bumper but i'll check the floor today.

8. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Good to see the girl accepting liability and the insurance already on the case. I bet her insurance company will be taking her to the cleaners when this claim is settled.

I was not happy to see you car in such a state. How are you anyway?

9. Nevyn Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Ouch.
    I've had mine about the same length of time as you and I know how I'd be feeling right now :Sobbing:

10. Nikonandmac Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks Nevyn. We are both good, CJ, thank you. I've just taken some more photos with the DSLR and the floor doesn't appear to have moved, though I didn't strip away all the brand new carpeting to inspect the wing. I won't bore everybody with more of the same but this is the light which
    appears.

bar.

boot_from_passengerseats.

ilight_sensors.

bum.

11. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Sorry Paul I didn't pick this up earlier , the good new is teh floor pan in the boot is safe from what I can see but the rear NS has taken a battering.

I can't see that being pulled out without replacing the rear NS quarter panel , the boot lids has moved the body gaps have moved a few MM to the right. I would want this car written off and they get you a new one.

Have you heard what's happening with the repairs?

12. Nikonandmac Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

No problem, CJ I dropped in today. The floor pan is ok. The boot lid had a touch at the very bottom which i hadn't seen owing to the new glaze, hence the slight misalignment you sp expertly picked. The verdict was the bar took most of the impact and after having a full alignment test it didn't rate as too serious a job. I certainly want to hang on to this Jap build and the slightest hiccup will be taking it back. The guys have the approval of the big insurers in town, run a clean workshop so hopefully the paint job will match up. All i have to do now is work on my paranoia when looking in the rear view mirror. It seems everyone behind wants to run the amber light i'm braking for ! :Smile:

Ichiban likes this.
  13. Doc Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Matt Peterborough
    Considering the cost of repair and the age of the car I think you would struggle to get it written off.

From what I can see it doesn't look like the boot lid has moved or been damaged. The only panel gap is around the left rear light because the NS rear quarter panel taking the beating. That should be quite a straight forward repair.

14. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Good to hear that mate, pictures never reveal the true extent of the damage. How will the body shop take to repair it ?

15. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Paul I am sure you got your car back , update us buddy.