General Nicht So Durch Technik?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Robbie, Monday 10th Jun, 2013.

1. Robbie Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Robert Lancashire
  2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    No surprise then.. VAG for the epic fail award :Smile:

3. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

No surprise for me either, given my VW experiences (detailed elsewhere on AOC).

As one final insult this weekend, the leather key ring that I bought when I got my VW fell apart... (the dealer only gave away the cheap plastic ones, so customers generally bought a £10 VW leather one at the feel good time of picking up the car, hmmm...:Aghast:)

At least I know that they put as much effort into QC for their accessories as they did with my car!

4. Dave Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Don't get me started on the Germans lol currently been sat waiting for them to turn up to unload my lorry since 9:30am apparently there delayed flying into Manchester great airport choice when I'm in blooming teeside I hope they ain't getting a Vag hire car or they may never get here.....

Boglost and Ichiban like this.
  5. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    Oh I love this quote:

"But the reality is Japanese cars routinely top quality surveys around the world. It's not the norm, it's the benchmark."

:Grin:

6. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

Surely the other point with this article is that, since VAG share so many components between their brands (VW / Audi / Seat / Skoda), then the issues with DSG gearboxes (as an example) must apply to all?

Ichiban likes this.
  7. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    We must not bash German cars here the German fanboys will come out in force...well I say sod em.:Wink:

yes are right the entire vag brands under their umbrella are within scope.

Nevyn likes this.
  8. Primarycare Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Primary c Northampton
    I've said it once and stand by my comment German cars are crap. Each to their own I get that but even VAG. Managers I know and are friends say the same they're unreliable and VAG know it and in their words don't care.. Just one of many issues VAG know fail a lot are diesel injectors on 2L did they do a recall???

NO they just ordered in more stock and get the customers to buy them. And still the sheep buy VAG WAKE UP!! Baaah

Last edited: Monday 10th Jun, 2013
    John Dickson, SpeedyGee and Ichiban like this.
  9. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

As the article says, people make an assumption that a VW will be reliable - the power of years of marketing and a message that was true in the past.

I'm the first to admit that I didn't look at reliability surveys when I bought mine, and was surprised when I had issues and started investigating...not a mistake I'll make again!:Foolish:

On a separate (but related) point, I built a new Skoda Octavia online just out of interest. For a 2.0TDi 4x4 DSG (estate) the second top trim level came to £30k without options! And when I say options...heated seats, satnav, a luggage cover (!)...madness, surely?

Primarycare likes this.
  10. Primarycare Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

IMHO Skoda is the best built of all the VAG cars.. Not saying much as they are all a pile of steaming poo.

That aside something Skoda do that the rest of the group don't seems to be doing is - putting them together better. Now I am no fan and never will be again of VAG group as a whole or even in part, their marketing is excellent and they have relied on their perceived quality for far to many years. I worked for VAG a while many years ago and loved their cars and had many Audi 80 90 100s as company cars as well as Golfs mainly 16v (massive fan of the old 2nd Generation) I also had a 20v Quattro coupe Turbo which I bought and wish I never sold, a superb car in my view at least.

I will however NEVER own another car built by VAG nor if I can help it will anyone I know. I am pleased to say I have talked many a friend and work mate out of buying from them.. Long may that continue.

VAG have shafted me as a customer once to often and now its payback the only way I can and that is to talk others into walking away.

Last edited: Tuesday 11th Jun, 2013
    FirstHonda likes this.
  11. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

12. Primarycare Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Yup German crap at its best now sure Honda diesel do have issues inc cam chain but at least Honda stood up and yup bring it in well fix it and they did.

In true German fashion the attitude is f@#% off pal. You may be a customer but theres another idiot over their. Happy to bash the cowboys ...

Last edited: Friday 14th Jun, 2013
    John Dickson likes this.
  13. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    Swirl flaps breaking, important control unit in the boot not protected against water ingress and now timing chains snapping - three huge problems in my eyes. I wonder how long they will be able to rely on their badge for sales?

- - - Updated - - -

nuff said

6999d1339779289-two-v-stroms-scandinavia-mike-dsc_0619.

Primarycare and Ichiban like this.
  14. Robbie Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Robert Lancashire
    Unfortunately, their sales will still flourish. The snob value of the name will ensure this as their perceived quality overrides all of their poor design issues.

15. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    Bit like Mercedes I guess. An MD I know had an S-Class for many years and it's had a wide range of things go wrong on it, mainly electrical related but big stuff including a whole new drivers seat! lol It was constantly off the road and near the end there was some loud banging noise coming from the engine. I'm sure the suspension had to be replaced also.

He was looking for a new car earlier this year and test drove many types but ended up going for the newer shape S-Class. Sigh...

16. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    So true when the manufacturers themselves are gloating who got a bigger ... German car driver big wallets small ... :lol:

View attachment 10131

17. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
  18. Primarycare Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Last edited: Friday 14th Jun, 2013
  19. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I am sure I read another survey which also suggestED BMW dealers never see sales of spare indicator bulbs . NO SURPRISES well they don't use them

Anyone know the What's the difference between a hedgehog and a BMW? :Smile:

20. Primarycare Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Well as i recall the pricks are all on the outside with a hedgehog :Smile: