Accord/8th Gen nikonandmac's Accord Euro Oz

Discussion in 'Project & Modification Logs' started by Nikonandmac, Monday 28th May, 2012.

1. Nikonandmac Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Best wishes guys and welcome to new members.

235_45_R18. AccordEuro. Bible1. bible2. bible3. boot. boot2. Emissions. engine1. Front-Lights. Front-wheel. Grunt. H. instrument1. interior. interior2. Parcel-Shelf. Profile1. profile2. Profile3. Rear-Seat-Release. Seat-Position. SideCurtain. Skinny2. Skinny-spare. Sound. Spare. Spare2. Spare-Cover. Sumkindathingy. tight-fit. Tools. Vanity. YuveBinWarned.

Ichiban likes this.
  2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Amazing Japanese build quality you can see it from a mile..I absolutely love it , when I drove Zoran's car last weekend I was getting hyped up about mine and literally counting the days!!

From what I can see from the pictures and make comparisons from the UKDM cars

1) Euro badges
    2) 18 inch wheels as standard
    3) no locking wheel nuts (invest in them bud otherwise those expensive Hitachi alloys will walk)
    4) manual boot opening you sure you should have a button for on the key fob?
    5) love the fact you have a space save wheel as standard!!:Thumbup:

BTW love the AOC number plate , I will get some club stickers to you as soon as it get them.

3. Nikonandmac Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Yes, the key fob does have a remote boot release. Glad you like the photos (high res available if desired) and yes, I will invest in some locking wheel nuts. I saw them in the accessories section today and they went on my todo list!

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    High res picture welcome too mate , what the 1000 km sticker for is that when you have to take your car in for a first inspection?

That was the norm for Honda in Asia too the first three services were free only consumables were chargeable. You should have got the locking wheel nuts as standard bud try flexing the salesman arm you never know.

5. Nikonandmac Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Not a chance with the locking nuts over here but that's ok. The 1000 klm sticker is indeed the first service, free of charge - though only this one! I took the brake fluid photo as a reminder of your earlier postings - stick to using genuine Honda!

6. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    When i used to work in Honda India they to had a similar free servicing scheme. We in the Europe come back after a year or 12500 miles. There are talks to increasing the service limit. Honda India had engine oil replacement was set at 5000 miles using OEM oil!!

I like the brake fluid sticker they could do with some here , but owners just ignore it. Genuine Honda fluids they just work all the time.

7. declanswan Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Nice car matey.

8. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Nice car.

Hm, just noticed you do not have the folding mirror button located next to the memory seat buttons?

9. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Nice car
    Can i suggest to invest in Sports alloy foot pedals,first thing i did when i bought my car.They look great.

10. Nikonandmac Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks guys. Yep, no folding mirror button but then our roads are twice as wide as yours and I'll try to park it in the next SUBURB to the supermarket! She does have the passenger mirror dip when reversing.
    The alloy foot pedals ARE hot but first I have to have the radio fixed ... Only a teething trouble, I'm sure, but the Scan and A-Sel buttons pick up only a third of the FM bandwidth and virtually no LM band (if indeed anything is out there now).
    I can program all the stations into the pre-sets manually using the selector dial (strong city signals) and scan to the next station using the steering wheel buttons, but ...
    I'm happy to wait until the first service as the radio is otherwise fully functional. Bluetooth superb, internet radio from iphone via cd-aux awesome. The service manager has logged the issue, with a query against the antenna or radio.
    Have any of you encountered this and have an alt-ctrl-del option? Make sure you check this one CJ when you take delivery in July. :Smile:

11. Nikonandmac Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Update: i played with the various settings, turning off everything but station identifiers. Might have been the TA 'on'. A couple of stop/starts and voila, everything as it should be. Moral: don't muck with stuff you don't understand, Paul! < : (

12. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    RTFM also helps bud.:Crazy:

13. accordeuro New Member Getting Started

How much you pay for this model, mate?

14. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I know the Australian market works off the post code of where you buying the car , each state has varying prices
    For example in NSW a Accord Euro Luxury would be

$37,965 Manual

$40,265 Automatic

The sat nav one version is $43,265 with the Australian dollar being at 1.5 to one pound it make it more or less same price.

15. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    leave that with me I will dig around .

16. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Paul,

Here is the guide http://hondakarma.com/threads/1446/

When you speak to the service manager of your dealership tell him\her that radio station pre-sets and tuning is a one of MAJOR prerequisites of a PDI.

The minute you say that the boat is already rocking and they will make sure they fix it.

Last edited by a moderator: Sunday 23rd Feb, 2014