General Nissan boss seeks Brexit compensation before further UK investment

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ichiban, Friday 30th Sep, 2016.

1. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Are these tw@ts for bl00dy real .. sour grapes or what!! Follow Honda lead. Stop following comrade Corbyn red propaganda war.

"Nissan chief executive Carlos Ghosn is reported to have said he wants compensation for any trade costs resulting from Brexit before more investment is promised in its Sunderland factory. "

Dear Carlos take your kit a caboodle to frog land, make your Japanese car in France and do one. Send all employees from Sunderland to Swindon we need them we don't need your cars. Look at this thread Renault to axe 7500 jobs (Autocar - ) there would be no closure in french factories so the frog government is pressing his buttons to undermine us.

Stop buying French now.

FirstHonda likes this.
  2. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

Ichiban likes this.
  3. Zebster Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom .
    Brexit means Brexit means a giant mess that nobody can sort out...

legend-ary likes this.
  4. Duc de Pommfrit Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Chester Northumberland
    Nissan has taken grant after grant for Sunderland, think they invested £100 and the UK paid the rest. Spoke to someone who works there and he drove a Mazda, such was his hate of the cars he built.

Ichiban likes this.
  5. vincemince Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

And so the negotiations begin - coupled with the usual internal ranglings

6. John Dickson Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

If I am correct, I believe that Ford may have made the Transit move using EU, yes EU, funding!
    - - - Updated - - -
    Ghosn came out with some similar rant over Britain not joining the Euro. It was all wind and p!$$ proved by the fact Nissan just used their brains and stayed in Britain but got round currency concerns by invoicing suppliers in Euros.
    - - - Updated - - -
    I'm not sure if Ghosn actually has any real influence other than a figurehead in Nissan to be honest.

His threats to pull out of the UK if we didn't join the common currency didn't materialise now did they. All wind and p!$$.

7. jimjams Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom nobody zoned
    just like the EU ... let's try it with "EU" instead of Brexit

"EU means EU means a giant mess that nobody can sort out " ....yep it fits :Wink:

FirstHonda likes this.
  8. Zebster Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom .
    True. But nobody is going around chanting 'EU means EU', are they? Whereas 'Brexit means Brexit' has become a catch phrase for those without a clue about what they think they might actually get!

9. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    So when you selling up and moving aboard then?

10. Zebster Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom .
    I'm not going anywhere... I love this country and am concerned that those who chant meaningless slogans are dragging it down

exec likes this.
  11. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Ahh so it fair to say it meaningless slogan of the remain campaign which are dragging down the real progress, it all doom and gloom for the remain supportors well the borders are that way to the continent is you feel so hard done too LOL

North Korea is a brilliant place the remain supported should consider it.

12. Zebster Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom .
    Why NK? I want what's best for the UK and unless the half of us who didn't vote to leave make a fuss then the lunatics will be taking over the asylum unopposed!

exec and legend-ary like this.
  13. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Will you too be seeking compensation then for half of us who had enough of whining a moaning left wing commies.. NK is perfect fit don't you think. Try speak out there you will be shot :salute:

14. Zebster Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom .
    I don't believe that anyone actually wants to live in NK. Same as I don't believe that all 'remain' voters were communists. Same as I don't believe that all 'leave' voters were stupid racists. People are too quick to generalise!

exec likes this.
  15. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

The EU is going so well that the Far Right is on the march throughout Europe. Denmark, Holland, Austria, Germany, France...

We're better off out whist it collapses in acrimony and chaos. We can then build a better model afterwards.

I'd rather have the slogans chanted here than those being shouted in Austria, Hungary or by Marine Le Pen if that's alright with everybody.

At least Brexit has shot the UKIP fox once and for all.

16. Zebster Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom .
    Is the far right on the march a good thing?!?! And is the EU really to blame for that?

17. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Why has there got to be labour blame culture?
    :What:what a load of utter tosh!!