Off-Topic Nissan Leaf Taxi

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Duc de Pommfrit, Monday 10th Nov, 2014.

1. Duc de Pommfrit Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Chester Northumberland
    I saw this on my way to work, who ever thought a Nissan leaf would made a good taxi :thumbdown:.

The driver's day must be pick up fare, back to depot for a charge, pick up fare, back to depot for a charge. Sorry I cannot take you all the way home, only got 20 miles of batteries left, but a bus will be along soon!

John Dickson, Sprockutt and Ichiban like this.
  2. Sprockutt Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom David East Kilbride
    Seems like a very weird choice of vehicle for a taxi. I actually Googled just incase they now had some kind of range extender option like BMW offer with their 'i' range. But no...'a real world range of around 90 miles that can drop off dramatically in cold weather'.

Taxi FAIL.

Nighthawk likes this.
  3. Duc de Pommfrit Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Chester Northumberland
    They have a fleet of 20! Only have this picture on the website, plus a loads of stuff on them being an Eco taxi company!
    image.

Sprockutt likes this.
  4. Nighthawk Guest

United Kingdom Richard Milton Keynes
    Speaking of an i8 - was sitting behind one today. Must say, it looked quite nice - still wouldn't buy it, but it was still quite pleasant to look at.

i8.
    i8_2.

Sprockutt likes this.
  5. Sprockutt Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Not sure about the i8 now. I initially thought it looked stunning. However my mate works for a local BMW dealer and said one of the customers thought from the back it looked like it was giving birth to a Porsche. Kinda spoiled it for me as he has a point :Smile:

6. moob Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Scotland Rob Glasgow
    Had a wee drive in a Leaf once, very decent.

7. John Dickson Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

A mate of mine has just bought one an he loves it. His commute is only a few miles though down hill and back up a similar hill e ach way so he's breaking even. works ok in this instance of use.

Apparently you get 2 weeks hire of a normally powered Nissan free of charge in the deal for longer journeys.

Phoenix taxis always seem to have theirs on charge in the old Morrisons car park in Morpeth @Duc de Pommfrit

8. Sprockutt Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

That's a clever idea to offer two weeks rental as part of the deal to buy a Leaf. That goes some way to removing any prospective buyers concerns about weekends and holidays away. Although I still have concerns over battery life.

But I would definitely at least consider an electric car or bike for my commute or for our main family car. It makes perfect sense in Glasgow City Centre as you get free parking and free charging. Starting to see more and more Leafs and i3's sitting plugged in re-charging in the city.

9. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

If I had a short, local, commute I'd consider consider an electric car, and the Nissan Leaf would be my choice at the moment.

10. John Dickson Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Yes it's to try and alleviate people's concerns and I think you also get preferential rates for further hire if you need more than your free two weeks.

Sprockutt likes this.