ICE & HFT No Bass from new rear door speakers.

Discussion in '8th Generation (2008-2015) [Acura TSX]' started by Racy Jace, Sunday 21st Apr, 2013.

1. Racy Jace Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I've tried 4 speakers in my back door and there is a no bass coming from them.

I used the old speaker as an adapter and screwed the new speaker to it so it sits flush with the metal. I've used dyno mat to the back of the door and even stuck a sheet over the adapter before shoving a speaker through it. I've tried adding foam tape to the underneath of the speaker too. My focals up front have loads of bass but my rears suck unless I put the original thing back in.

If anyone's changed there rear door speakers, can you fade it fully to the one side and compare with your front speaker.

The only thing I can think of is the speaker isn't sealed properly in the door even though it looks fine.
  2. richsprint Account Closed. ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Definitely wired up properly Jace?
  3. Racy Jace Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I tried changing the polarity as I have no clue wich colour is + in the car and it made no difference when it was changed.

Its got me stumpped to be honest. I need to look at how the speaker sits in the adapter again and maybe replace the foam rings on it.
  4. richsprint Account Closed. ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Strange fault that, hope you sort it.
  5. Racy Jace Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I've got the original speaker back in the back now which is fine. It would have been nice to use these Polk audio speakers though as they sounded good linked up to my hifi. I'll try again next Sunday if the weathers fine. I may try adding Speaker wadding into all the doors to see if it cleans the bass up too.