General No dash lights

Discussion in '6th Generation (1997-2002)' started by Mazeyshane, Tuesday 23rd Aug, 2016.

1. Mazeyshane Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Well another problem has arose with my accord, i now have no dashlights apart from indicators and warning lights, can't see how fast im going and the heater lights don't worj apart from the 3 buttons on heater control, vhecked fuse, its fine so changed to make sure and still no luck, any advice would be good thanks :Frown:

2. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    That sounds like a multiplexer unit issue. I'm not sure where it is on the 6th Generation Accord.

3. Mazeyshane Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Expensive job then?

4. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

You should be able to DIY it, just a case of working out where the multiplexer unit is and then finding a replacement, swap em over, job done.

5. Mazeyshane Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

On another forum says its on the left side but dno if its american or not and its behind the fuse box

6. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

Most likely it's driver side then (right side).

7. Mazeyshane Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

But the lights on the doors and everything works its just the dash lights, had someone fit some lights to them so he must of done somet to them
    - - - Updated - - -
    Ok mate thanks and theres no beeping from either when the doors open and lights are one
    - - - Updated - - -
    Girlfriend just tols me as i was driving away before i had no back lights either, so that is defiently the mcu??

8. Nighthawk Guest

United Kingdom Richard Milton Keynes
    Id agree - MICU - 6th Generation has two if memory serves me correctly (I stand to be corrected), one in the passenger footwell and one by the fusebox. They are seperate entities unlike the 7th Generation Accords.

9. Harvey Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

As mentioned in the other thread, the multiplex (I forgot its name) is behind the fusebox on the passenger side.
    20160823_231704. 20160823_231645.

exec, legend-ary and Nighthawk like this.
  10. Nighthawk Guest

I stand corrected :book:

11. Mazeyshane Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Yes mate i know and you have been a grate help, i am trying to source one now, from a few people i know if not its gona have wait till weekend :Frown:
    - - - Updated - - -
    I was looking and there seems be another one on the drivers fuse box aswell?
    - - - Updated - - -
    I found this

Attached Files:

12. Harvey Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

13. Mazeyshane Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Ill try get them both, just gona be a bugger get them now

Harvey likes this.
  14. Harvey Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

the passenger side one isn't too bad, its just fiddly as there are two clips you need to push down at the same time, on the top and be able to slide the whole unit forwards. there is also a 10mm bolt that holds it in place at the bottom. The multiplex is also a pain in the butt to remove from the fusebox as well, as its clipped into place and pretty tight.

Mazeyshane likes this.
  15. Mazeyshane Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Ill try the drivers side first then mate if its fiddly, then if that don't work ill do the passenger mate, just need try get hold of them cheap

Harvey likes this.
  16. Harvey Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

scrap yard, get the whole fusebox, a lot of them don't know what the multiplexer is, so will most likely go "meh, give us a tenner" like they did with me.

17. Mazeyshane Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Haha or just pocket it :Wink: haha no ill try get thursday off work mate and go down

Harvey likes this.
  18. Harvey Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

it will be awkward. Piece of advice, take some long sockets with you.

The panel that sits where your knees are, there is a hidden nut where the coin drawer is, if you look up. undo this, its an 8mm, but you need a long socket to access it. then the whole panel simply unclips, and gives you easier access to the fusebox.

Don't forget to check your wiring connections that you unplugged as they might be upsetting the whole thing as well and earth connections are good, as you will be surprised what a bad earth can do.

19. Mazeyshane Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I will mate cheera for the advice:Smile: and ill check them all, hopefully it shouldnt be to bad to do, just want it sorting before thursday or weekend as i need it for work so don't want police pulling me and telling me off -.-

20. Nighthawk Guest

Im glad my memory didnt fail me there - I was pretty sure that there were two. Im not that old yet thankfully, although the missus would disagree

Good luck @Mazeyshane - let us know how it goes

Harvey likes this.