General No drill parking sensors

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Duc de Pommfrit, Thursday 13th Mar, 2014.

1. Duc de Pommfrit Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Chester Northumberland
    Been looking at these no drill parking sensors as I'm not a fan of the drill type, the information off the company web site looks impressive.

Has anyone else fitted them?

2. Doc Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Matt Peterborough
    Do you have a link to the web site so we can see the details?

3. Duc de Pommfrit Moderator Staff Team

4. Chunkylover53 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I researched this heavily as I didn't want to drill into my bumper either. Problem I had with these was the fact that they cost over 3x the price of normal sets. Secondly, you have to remove the bumper to install these, I'm more comfortable drilling into the bumper with the drill piece provided, there is very little chance of messing up. Thirdly I saw a similar item on amazon and reviews stated that the sensors failed after 3/4 months. With ebay after 45 days there is no recourse if the item fails, it is all up to the sellers good will and after looking at their feedback I doubt they'll even reply to you if they don't reply to customers who haven't received their products!

Also you may want a reversing sensor kit with a screen so you know how far you have left instead of depending on the small squeaks the tiny speaker makes, especially in the Accord when the difference between the back and front is quite a bit.

I'm certain that there's another member here who fitted a genuine OEM Honda kit and has uploaded a full write up of it.

EDIT: Just thought about it more, there's many firms in my area offering to fit sensors for £50, buy a decent £20-30 set on ebay/dolphin parking sensors and get it fitted for the same cost as this item :Smile:

5. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    That was @Paul and the guide can be found here :Smile:

Chunkylover53 likes this.
  6. Doc Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Matt Peterborough
    Also if you have a tow bar they're a definite no. The tow bar interferes with the magnetic fields in the sensors.

7. Duc de Pommfrit Moderator Staff Team

The parcel arrived today from Hong Kong and it is the same system that is on ebay for £80 and I paid £10.00! £1.30 postage? Bargin.

DeviateDefiant and Nels like this.
  8. Nels Moderator Staff Team

That is a bargain !
    Really keen to see how you get on with them, compared to the drilled in type.

9. Chunkylover53 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Any update on this @Duc de Pommfrit - Might consider it for my mum if it works well for you

10. Duc de Pommfrit Moderator Staff Team

Been very busy so not yet, but I may test it first before the installation and maybe post a video.

Chunkylover53 likes this.
  11. Accord_N22 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Thanks for posting. This looks really interesting
    I am thinking of getting a set of parking sensors for the accord
    The OEM Honda ones are discontinued and costs a bomb anyways
    I was looking at the Dolphin DS400 kit, this kit has won several awards and set my eyes on buying it
    4 Parking Sensors - Audio Alert DPS400 Award Winner

But the electromagnetic parking kit really does seem tempting

Has anyone installed the dolphin kit? Is it any good?
    What is the best way of drilling /alignment of the sensors on the bumper?
    Just worried I will mess up the alignments of the sensors and need a new bumper - lol

12. Duc de Pommfrit Moderator Staff Team

Had a test of it on the living room floor and it really works! Took a video but don't know how to upload it.

13. Nels Moderator Staff Team

:SOS: :SOS: :SOS: :SOS: :SOS:

@DeviateDefiant @Ichiban @SpeedyGee

14. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Have you uploaded the video anywhere Duc ?

If you upload it to somewhere like Youtube and then click on the Media button (2nd one to the right of the smilies icon) and just insert the URL of the video.

15. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    As @SpeedyGee says the easiest way is definitely YouTube, though Vimeo is pretty much the same process.