General No Honda models in Top 20 European Sales

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by tomwillie, Saturday 23rd Jan, 2016.

1. tomwillie Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

England Tom Royston
    Ichiban, John Dickson and FirstHonda like this.
  2. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

John Dickson likes this.
  3. legend-ary Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Legend The Big Smoke
    I have pointed out holes in Honda's line up before and I will say it again that Honda needs a sub-10k car atleast. It is one thing to not chase sales and its completely another to have 4 car showroom with point of entry firmly north of 14k

John Dickson and FirstHonda like this.
  4. John Dickson Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Do a Fiat and go modern retro with a 21st century N360. It worked wonders for Fiat how many 500s do you see?

A cautionary word though admittedly Fiat stands for forget it and taxi but bringing Honda reliability to the segment doesn't mean you can get away with expecting people to pay £15k+

exec likes this.
  5. exec Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom London
    Thing is the 500 is an iconic car, the N360 doesn't have any of that status, most people won't know what it is.

John Dickson likes this.
  6. tomwillie Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

England Tom Royston
    This link gives European sales for 100 top selling models in 2014 & 2015. Top selling Honda model in 2015 was the CR-V in 88th places a drop of nearly 15% in sales from its 73rd place in 2014.
    In USA Honda is a major player but with these abysmal European sales figures it makes you wonder if Honda is at all interested in Europe.
    Focus2move| Europe best selling cars - December 2015

7. numpty67 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

In Japan Honda have been doing just that with N-One, and by all accounts it seems to be doing very well. They to have gone down the multi accessory and custom root with hundreds of different options to make your own car, just like the Mini and Fiat 500. Shame it's not available outside of Japan.

honda_n_one. honda_n_one_2. honda_n_one_modulo_concept_1. honda_n_one_modulo_concept_2. honda_n_one_modulo_concept_3. honda_n_one_modulo_concept_4. honda_n_one_premium_tourer. honda_n_one_premium_tourer_1. honda_n_one_premium_tourer_3. mugen_honda_n_one_1. mugen_honda_n_one_2.

legend-ary and John Dickson like this.
  8. John Dickson Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I'm sure that could do well here. I like the twin centre exhaust but I'm assuming that's just the Mugen version?

Would give the 500 Abarth a run for it's money though.

Even if by some small chance it wouldn't do reasonably well, what is there to loose? The recent operation slash and shrink the range is hardly setting the sales charts alight.

The only way it may go wrong is HUK would want to charge £18,500 for the entry model.

numpty67 likes this.
  9. legend-ary Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Legend The Big Smoke
    I would buy the hell out of it!!!
    Shut-up-and-take-my-money.

John Dickson and numpty67 like this.