General No-one here with a 5th Generation Accord?

Discussion in '5th Generation (1994-1997) [Rover 600, Isuzu Aska]' started by accord1996, Saturday 17th Mar, 2012.

1. accord1996 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

lloydie london
    am i the only one with a 5th Generation accord 94 - 97 here ?

Last edited: Saturday 17th Mar, 2012
  2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    The father-in-outlaw has a rover 600 does that class as a 5th Generation? lol

3. accord1996 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

lloydie london
    sure 5th Generation rover lol

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Father-in-law wasn't happy when I told him the engine under his bonnet was a Honda. He was adamant it was a rover as it had rover stamped on the rocker cover. When I showed him the dizzy and other engine part stamped with Honda his pride was dented a bit. His car done 130k the bottom end journals are a bit noise at high revs , original drivetrain body has a lot of bondo and running repair to get through the MOT. It's quick partly down to a worn engine. It will be scrapped soon.

5. accord1996 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

lloydie london
    seen the engines are very strong if looked after . the body material very thin metal . i found alot of problems with 1994 - 98 honda accord sister-rover cars more like a f.o.r.d lol ...i later on i went back to the 4th Generation accord the back to my 5th Generation JDM spec accord so far its all gravy .
    i worked for a honda spares breaker in bedfordshire for 4years . i own and work on Accords and Civics for 17yrs now and all , self taught mechanic.
    today they are collect for parts to take back to africa .

6. Martin95-2.3SR New Member Getting Started

My Dad had a 5th Generation Honda that he loved to bits. Failed an MOT with a brakes issue that main dealer quoted £1500 to fix (was just the ABS sensor I think) and the Honda didn't make it back onto the road after that ... my dad passed away a few years back but we still have the car (just gets started every few months - even after 4 or 5 years still starts first time!). It was his pride and joy, I drove it a couple of times - the leather interior was pretty classy and whilst not earth shattering performance, I still remember the kick down ... it was a 2.3 SR Auto. Its about time to do something with it but its never easy in these circumstances...

IMG00032-20110903-1231.

SpeedyGee likes this.
  7. SayamaAccord Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Yes, it's very hard to let go.

8. accord1996 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

lloydie london
    sorry to hear thats man , love the engine but not that model accord ... i did the h23a conversion in a 5th Generation usa made coupe if you look on my ablums you'll see( candy red color ) if you wanna let it go we'll have the engine but its no rush right now .take ya time

9. Jaak Beentjes New Member Getting Started

I have a 5th Generation modded and can't let go.
    taking it ti France now already brought it from the Netherlands to Swiss and will have a look at what i can do with engine mapping etc,
    gonna send some money on it and make if Fab.

10. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Welcome to AOC Jaak :Hey:, please do post some pictures of your car.

11. accord1996 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

lloydie london
    yeah mek wi seeeit

12. herohonda Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

did the 5th Generation come as a coupe aswell?

13. accord1996 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

lloydie london
    yes the 5th Generation accord. 94 - 97 coupe CD7 UK, USA and JDM CD8 coupe sir h22a.
    Us wagon and uk aero deck ce1,cf2 h22 JDM spec .
    CD 3,4,5 USA , sedan and CD6 sir h22a JDM spec .

14. herohonda Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

good info mate. I seen an accord coupe the other day on my travels, never seen one before and i have to admit, it did look pretty smart and kind of old school'ish:Hey:

15. accord1996 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

lloydie london
    in the uk we have several generations of accord coupes ..theres the1st , 2nd, 3rd ?? ,4th, 5th 6th ,7th, 8th Generation and the 9th launching
    here a nice example pimp by me and my mate .

all manufactured in the usa i think :Unknown:

th_DSC00229.

Last edited by a moderator: Friday 21st Aug, 2015
  16. herohonda Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I might look into getting one myself. Might sell the EP3 Civic to replace it with. Im looking for a change now and accord coupe does look like a good contender.

17. oldbiker60 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi I have a 5th Generation accord, I have owned it from 2006 and it is one of the best cars that I have had, it has done 148K and still keeps going, I had the ABS sensor replaced and it cost £200 fitted. The only thing it fails on at MOT time is the Hand Brake every year.
    The bodywork is not too bad, they go in the same places as the Rover 600, the lower rear wheelarch above the sill and above the rear bumper where mine is bubbling

18. herohonda Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I've got my mum a 5th Generation accord last week on saturday. Surprisingly its using alot of fuel for a 1.8i VTEC only on 86k... I think its giving us lower MPG than my 2.0 Civic type-r :-$ (confused)

19. oldbiker60 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi
    I have just done 1200 miles in the last week, (2 runs to Torquay and 1 to Heathrow ) and I have averaged 36 MPG.
    This was mostly Motorway , the car performed as expected perfectly with no oil used.
    It will be a shame to let her go but I need a higher car for her indoors. Probably a Shuttle

20. herohonda Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

is that with a 1.8i or the 2.0i?

See i think i'm getting similar MPG on steady motorway runs, which i am quiet disappointed with. With a long motorway run on my 2litre Civic type-r i get around 35-35mpg which is a much higher powered car, but then again it is much lighter.