Electrical & Lights no power

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by BLUEONDA, Monday 4th May, 2015.

1. BLUEONDA Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi peeps. Just started taking my alternator off my car then i needed to get in the boot. Just went to unlock the boot and i have no power. No ignition lights. Nothing. Please help.

2. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    Rear seats go down to allow access into boot.

I wonder if the power from the battery routes through the alternator so could you have essentially disrupted the feed?

3. BLUEONDA Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

All sorted now mate. I forgot to disconnect the battery and shorted the electrics so the twin amp 100/70amp fuse blew. Just the 100amp top bit. Nearly had a heart attack lol. Thanks for your help though.

4. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    sweet

5. Nighthawk Guest

United Kingdom Richard Milton Keynes
    :Whistle:

6. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Oppss !! Do be careful peeps when working on starter motor or alternator, disconnecting the battery is a must as the starter and alternator both have a heavy gauge cable running directly in parallel to the battery !!

@BLUEONDA you were lucky the fuse blew, could have been much worse.

Nighthawk likes this.
  7. BLUEONDA Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

i changed the alternator today but there still is a bit of the same noise. could it possibly be the water pump?

8. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

What is the noise that you are trying to track down ?

Is it like a whine ? Have tried running engine with no aux belt to see if the noise goes away ?

Does turning the steering alter the pitch of the whine ?

9. BLUEONDA Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi. Its more of a gritty grinding clicking noise. Noise goes away once to belt is taken off. Replaced alternator and belt tensioner so far. Maybe the crank pulley?

10. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

I can't remember if you've got a petrol or diesel, would help if you added your car to the Club Garage.

You could try homing in on the source of the sound by putting a tube to your ear and moving it around (obviously being careful not to contact anything accidently).