Electrical & Lights No rear washer

Discussion in '1st Generation (2004-2011)' started by iceman2010, Friday 4th Sep, 2015.

1. iceman2010 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom London
    hi, I don't seem to be getting any water from the rear windscreen washer. I can hear the pump going but nothing coming out. The washer reservoir is full. When i had this in my previous car the wash was leaking through the passenger floor as this is where the tubes were going from.

Any ideas what the layout of the tubes are here? I can't see how to remove the high level light to check for a blockage at that end.

2. Bones126 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

England Dave Birmingham
    Hi, you'll need to pull the roof lining down in the back to be able to get access.

3. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    This diagram maybe useful
    FRV_washers.

4. DieselPower Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Also keep it pressed for about 15 secs. I noticed it can take a while for fluid to come out if I've not used the rear jet in a while.

Bones126 likes this.
  5. iceman2010 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom London
    Not sure if I tried that or not, was too concerned that it might start coming through the roof if there was a leak.

6. iceman2010 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom London
    Finally had a quick look at this today by disconnecting the rubber hose as it comes out from the roof lining and goes into the back of the rear spoiler. Looks like water is coming through up-to that point so blockage is in the jet or the short piece of tube through the spoiler. I thought i had seen some instructions on here on how to remove the rear spoiler. I know the hi level light needs to come out and know how to take this out but what after that? How does the rest of it come off?

7. iceman2010 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom London
    Ok couldn't figure out how to remove this. Took out the bolt on each side and other than a plastic clip in the center there apoears to be nothing else that is visible. Removed the windscreen trim and nothing in there either. Does it need a good hard pull or is there something else to it?

8. iceman2010 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom London
    Anyone?

9. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    So i get this right you still having issues in removing the spoiler?

10. iceman2010 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom London
    Yes i can't see how to remove it. Undid the 2 bolts on either side but it is still firmly attached. Tried a hard pull but doesn't seem to budge.
    thanks

11. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Here you are. Keep us posted

From inside the tailgate, remove the bolts- which you have , take care you don't use any flat had screw drivers on paint it will chip it as paint is soft.. get a trim removal tool.

upload_2016-6-30_11-24-35.

Remove the grommet (A), and remove the clip by pinching its tabs.

upload_2016-6-30_11-25-35.

Remove the tailgate spoiler trim (A).
    -1. Close the tailgate, then lift the tailgate spoiler trim (A) to detach the clips.
    -2. Disconnect the rear window wiper washer tube (B).
    -3. Remove the grommet (C) from the tailgate, then disconnect the high mount brake light connector (D).

Install the trim in the reverse order of removal, and note these items:
    Replace any damaged clips with new ones.
    Make sure the rear window wiper washer tube is connected securely, and the high mount brake light connector is plugged in properly.

upload_2016-6-30_11-26-36.

12. iceman2010 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom London
    Thanks, I was on the right track then, I did get as far as the grommet A and spent nearly 30mins trying to push the clip tabs out but couldn't do it. Didnt have a long nose plier to hand which would have made it simpler.
    I have a trim removal kit which arrived this week so will give it a try this weekend.

btw where do you find these instructions from? I need a couple more for a few other bits. thanks.

13. RobsyUK Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Rob Milton Keynes
    Have you tried putting a needle in to the washer jet hole?

Overtime scum builds up in the washer bottle - crap from the screen wash,
    This can clog the nipples up.

If I ever have a problem with the jets I empty the resovoir and then fill with vining at and flush through.

Hope this helps.

14. joseph spragg Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Wales littleles deri bargoed
    put your tye pump on the nozzle and switch on
    worked for me
    les