Off-Topic Noise nuisance

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Malibu, Sunday 12th May, 2013.

1. Malibu Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

So I have complained to the council 3x now about two constant barking dogs - to no avail- today they have barked from 7.30am today and are still barking now- what can I do? Can I report to the police as the council are useless!

2. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Tie the dogs up outside the council offices LOL

DeviateDefiant likes this.
  3. Malibu Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Omg- how I so want too- as well as the moronic owners

4. RobB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

http://www.fixmystreet.com/

Try reporting it here, no promises but it's more in the public eye then.

Malibu likes this.
  5. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    There's absolutely nothing you can do aside from talk to the owners. Laws only relate to noise after 11pm really, and the worst that would happen is they'd get an ASBO from the council. You're not going to get a court order to silence the dogs unfortunately :Whistle:

The only chance you have is if it's a council property, then they'd be considered for eviction. I had a friend in a similar situation.

6. RobB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Another thought is RSPCA, the dogs might be neglected. A visit from one of their officers might put things in order.

7. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

I'd look for some evidence of neglect before considering the RSPCA, our dogs can be quite vocal when they're playing in the garden at times - but they're certainly not neglected :Smile:

8. Malibu Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

well there is no point trying to talk to the owner- as he is either in the pub or sleeping it off- don't get me started on him- feel sorry for the dogs really & everyone on the street is moaning about them but asking me if i have reported it - err hello ...?
    ..I think they bought the council house tbh.

9. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

If the situation has got bad enough (read: if the guy's a complete arse) tell him bluntly to sort his dogs out or you'll call the RSPCA. Sounds like the dogs are being neglected.

10. Malibu Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Didnt think of that one- but wouldn't want the dogs ending up destroyed - wouldn't have a problem with owners however

- - - Updated - - -

I don't think they are neglected so much as bored! Hence the barking- both dogs were fighting each other when I took my dog this morning- the female used to live in doors but they have recently acquired the male & both now live outside

11. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

Sounds like he needs to walk them more lol. Ours go a bit loopy if I haven't knackered them out. Don't like the idea of dogs living outside personally - but who am I to judge nature!

12. Malibu Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Never seen him walk them- but probably because he s incapable - I don't have a problem with outdoor dogs , we hav 2 akita's next to us that live outside, but I think it's unfair when a dog as got used to being inside & is suddenly left outside- god help us if he is going to breed them-

13. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

I'm just not used to seeing dogs that live outside, ours are the type to try and push you out of bed, or wake you in the middle of the night with a sloppy toy to the face.

:Tea:

14. RobB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

If he doesn't walk them, it is neglect. Don't be afraid to call the RSPCA, they won't just destroy them. They will always try to rehome them.
    If not the RSPCA try the dogs trust, their moto is they never put a healthy dog down.

http://www.dogstrust.org.uk/

But from what you say it really does sound like neglect.

15. Malibu Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

So here we go again- dog barking since 3am again just woke me up- so reported AGAIN to noise nuisance to do something about it - next stop RSPCA

16. Primarycare Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Primary c Northampton
    Boredom IS neglect report the safety SOB to the RSPCA if they are not being cared for which it appears by the sounds of his drinking habit they are not he will have a choice. Give them to RSPCA or get prosecuted. I asked the Cop who lives two doors up and he said the council have a duty to investigating reports of nuisance dogs which includes incessant barking of dogs left alone. Might be worth talking to the council muppets again..

17. Malibu Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Oh I gave them a blasting followed up with a snotty email & then they were falling over themselves to do something -ringing 3x before I picked up, now I have a form to fill out to monitor, but the stupid dogs woke most people up Monday night & most of street moaning- so told them all to ring the council & do something about it not moan to me-
    i wish the police could do something but I know they can't - anyway the problem is, even if those dogs got taken away he would just go GE more- just a to55er !

18. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Sounds like my neighbour think of no one but themselves absolute idiots too.
    The council should investigate if they get persistent calls about it the trouble here in Wakefield is that they only work between like the hours of 2000hrs to 0200 hrs and most of that time is in the city centre dealing with the old folks complaints about noise coming from night clubs and pubs as for neighbour problems well you might as well just buy a set of ear plugs to keep the noise out???

19. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    hey old folk regularly come out and vote so got to keep them sweet to get re-elected. come one get with it Mick surely you would have clocked on to that by now.

20. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

You forgot one thing I'm almost an old folk myself and I certainly wouldn't come out to vote for the shower of poo that runs this council :Tongue: