General noisy urchins

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mike c, Monday 17th Feb, 2014.

1. Mike c Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Mike Telford
    Do you suffer with noisy urchins where you live? There are two or three around Telford ( two who drive Type-R Civic's) and one in a small)ish) Peugeot who drive around until the early hours with a big bore silencer that sounds like a megaphone. I live near to an island on a busy road and at night , normally after 10pm, you can hear them coming up to the island , flat out , screeching around the island and accelerating away with the engine screaming. You can hear them for miles during the night. Not satisfied with this they seem to do a large circuit and return after about 5-10 minutes. You can hear them for the whole time. Did I imagine it or was there a law brought out a few years ago banning these loud exhaust systems? It is really annoying when you are trying to get some kip
    Mike c:Frown:

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Another CTR idiot giving the car a bad name..

Mate I have a massive park next to my house and a massive woodland behind it, for years its been blighted with 2 stroke motocross bikes with HID headlights converted into a enduro type come down flat out and you think Type-R are loud these bikes are insanely loud.

Leeds city council have their own offroad motorcycle anti yobo division and they are now patrolling such areas...ever since its been great.

since its the public roads there is nothing you can do pro actively to get the attention of the council.

3. RobB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

If it's stupid loud report it via the 101 number anonymously. If it's too loud it won't be road legal.

4. Mike c Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Mike Telford
    I am amazed that these guys are not stopped by the police as they are so loud and it is obvious that they are not driving within the speed limits and quite often it sounds like a Grand Prix track.
    One must live locally as I have heard him come past at 2 or 3 in the morning, but when he gets to a certain point he changes up and drives more sedately(and quieter ). Presumably he doesn't wake up the parents ?
    Mike c

5. Doc Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Matt Peterborough
    I think the noise level is around 100 db before it's illegal. Get the reg numbers then report them for anti social behaviour.

6. Rhys Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Isn't there a law regarding high levels of noise after a certain time of night ? 11pm I think it's ? Not too sure if it applies to cars or not

7. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    I believe it's after 11pm, and anything noisy that affects others is covered. That's from loud parties to a loud exhaust, even playing the music too loud in the car.

8. RobB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Noise nuisance is a council issue and enforced by enviromental health. They will have a noise team, but from experience they are waste of time.
    You would be far better off reporting it to the 101 number, especially as it involves cars.
    The police should be a far quicker response.