Removed Non-navi Accord 7th Generation Premium Sound head unit (PETROL only)

Discussion in 'Parts & Accessories' started by Galgo, Monday 21st Mar, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Galgo Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

As above. I'm after a genuine Accord 7th Generation Premium Sound System head unit - the one with the 6-disc changer built into it.

It needs to be from a PETROL Accord not diesel.

I spotted one for sale on eBay but it's from Lithuania and I'm worried about it not working properly because they have LHD cars over there.

Thanks.
    - - - Updated - - -
    Oh just spotted I wrote "head unit" twice in my first sentence but for some reason it won't let me edit my original post. :Frown:

2. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Done it for you.

Galgo likes this.
  3. kokkss Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Latvia Andis Liepaja
    Hi, do not worry about what hand drive it is, head units are the same for LHD and RHD, most important thing is that it must be petrol.

4. Galgo Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

So one from a LHD will work fine? I.e. the driver's side heating dial will control the driver's side and not the passenger's side?

5. jimjams Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom nobody zoned
    On the Navi unit the heater controls are entirely separate from the Premium Sound head-unit, I would have thought that the non-Navi also has separate heater controls.
    AFAIK you'll also need the Amp and extra speakers to go with the 6-disc head-unit

6. Galgo Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

I already have the Navi stuff but the DVD drive is dead and I don't want to pay nearly £300 to have it fixed by Alpine's repairers. Especially as I'm trying to get the car ready for sale soon.
    I decided it's easier to install a non-navi PSS head unit so at least the new owner can save radio stations and see the time etc.
    Such a stupid design having it all built into the one unit.

Anyone if people could only reply to this thread if they actually have the head unit for sale that I need, that would be great. Thanks.
    - - - Updated - - -
    Anyway*

7. kokkss Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Latvia Andis Liepaja
    For sure it will, make it simple,imagine yourself sitting in LHD passengers seat. Are you controling heating dial for driver or for yourself? They are identical.

8. jimjams Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom nobody zoned
    fair comment

maybe admin could move some of this to a new topic in the 7th Generation Accord section, because mix-and-match of the various Navi and Audio components comes up more and more frequently in various Accord forums

9. Galgo Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Please could a moderator close this thread? No longer need a head unit. Thanks.

10. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Closed.

Galgo likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.