My Listing Not a Honda - my dad's 1993 Astra

Discussion in 'eBay Links' started by Uriel, Saturday 6th Aug, 2016.

1. Uriel Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

My dad just bought a pretty immaculate 2000 Volvo S40 with 40k on it from someone that had given up driving. He asked me to help him get rid of his old car - so here it is. Unfortunately I didn't have the time to either fix or get fixed the few things that were wrong with it:

1993 Vauxhall Astra California 1.4l, 70k, FSH, MOT September - Spares or Repair | eBay

Just need to beat the rather derisory £72 that WBAC offered or the £56 scrap value we were quoted...

2. Pottermus Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Ace! Haven't seen one of them for years.

3. Nighthawk Guest

United Kingdom Richard Milton Keynes
    Thats actually in pretty good condition for its age. I like the ebay listing - very comprehensive. GLWS

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Nice ebay advert bud, seen loads of those around here in Leeds just plodding along. Where these the so called high torque engines?

5. Uriel Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I'm not sure about the engine being high torque. I'm told the 1.4 came in multi point and single point injection versions. I think this one the single point (at least according to someone that recognised the engine bay from the photo).

6. Duc de Pommfrit Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Chester Northumberland
    I've noticed a few chavs still driving around in the GSI version, they all looked wrecked.

7. RobsyUK Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Rob Milton Keynes
    The 8 valve was seen as a bullet proof engine that could take abuse.
    The Astra gsi in a clean state is a highly sort after car with prices around £4.5k!