General Not again !?! :(

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by chris2982, Saturday 2nd Jan, 2016.

1. chris2982 Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom Chris Rowlands Gill
    20160102_173004.

2. legend-ary Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Legend The Big Smoke
    Oh dear.. your tyre is screwed! But its a bit in the middle so might be repairable

3. chris2982 Premium Member Club Supporter

pretty much dead centre so hopefully a repair will be doable..

4. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Always annoying when that happens.

5. chris2982 Premium Member Club Supporter

isn't it just, , , second time in two months :Frown:

6. Nels Moderator Staff Team

I can go for years without a puncture, then two or three in a short space of time.
    I think they should be able to fix that one for you Chris. Don't let it get you down.

7. exec Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom London
    That should be repairable, my uncle fixed a nail in his tyre the other day, I watched when the guy fixed it and got me thinking how safe is the repairs they make? They just plug the hole with a bit of rubbery seal, worries me that going over a pothole or something at speed might cause pressure and pop the plug out at speed :Blushing:

8. Dave Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

The plug is glued in and has a bigger area on the inside so it can't pop out. We get loads in the truck tyres at work especially on the work we do and there fine and were running at 120psi and 44 ton lol.

exec likes this.
  9. Harvey Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Damn!

I work for a builders mechants and we used to run normal tyres on our sideloader, but in the end we changed to solid tyres due to all of the staples we used to get in the tyres that come out of the backs of timber, the ones the yard guys never bothered to pick up. But I feel for ya as tyres are certainly not cheap!