ICE & HFT Not Impressed

Discussion in '8th Generation (2008-2015) [Acura TSX]' started by jaytip, Saturday 22nd Dec, 2012.

1. jaytip Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Having just bought my Accord, I have been experimenting with all the toys in it and find I am really disappointed with the HFT.
    Maybe I am being optimistic here but I don't think my accent is THAT thick that the voice activation cannot understand what I am saying. And to make matters worse, looking in the handbook, I can't see anything in there for voice training.
    Really frustrating :Frown:

Ivor.

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Ivor you trying in English or your native language?

3. black-hawk Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

4. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I rarely use voice control but when I do it works perfectly every time.
    I speak English with eastern European accent,surprised it understand me at all :lol::lol::lol:

5. brock Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hants
    I use voice control on occassion and it seems to work ok however I use voice control to phone dial often and it drives me crazy. I had a Laguna before and it was a breeze. The honda system is the worst I've come across phone wise. Any speeds higher than 40mph seem to render it very hit or miss.
    I love everything else about the car but the voice dial infuriates me.

6. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Maybe thats the trick to it Lol

7. jaytip Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Ichiban,my 5 year old daughter speaks more welsh than I do lol.

black-hawk you have me at a disadvantage.

I have had hands free systems in my last two cars and I have an aftermarket system in my taxi and they all worked fine. I am struggling with the one in the honda, even as far as repeating numbers to the system. An example being the system thinking I am saying 2 when I am saying 4.
    if it doesnt understand me my wife (who is Thai) will have no chance!!!!

8. black-hawk Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

All the clues are there Mr Preece, but you'll know me better as Jarvis.

9. jaytip Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

After my last post i hd a look at your profile and then guessed it may be you. I didnt know you were living in Swansea though?

10. black-hawk Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Yeah, for now.