Announcement Now with Tapatalk Support

Discussion in 'Club Announcements & News' started by DeviateDefiant, Wednesday 9th Jul, 2014.

1. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    While I've been away travelling past month, quite a few club plans have slowed to a halt. One of those is overhauling the mobile and tablet view of the site.

Quite a few people have requested Tapatalk support, as it's their normal medium for consuming forum content on the go, we're now up and running. Download Tapatalk from Google Play or Apple's App Store and just search for ""hondakarma.com" to get started.

The feature set is limited, Tapatalk takes things to the basics - that's just simple discussion with pictures and videos. You won't be able to find our garage or guides, our smilies won't all work and there will no doubt be numerous other nuances which crop up over time. Nonetheless, it's a simple medium to access the site which I know many people are quite familiar with.

Any bugs or issues, just reply below. In no way does this interfere with accessing the site as normal on a mobile device.

SpeedyGee likes this.
  2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Excellent news a few of us wanted a mobile version ! i will be testing shortly thanks bud.

3. Phil1978 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Phil Salisbury
    I must say I use Taptalk on another forum and it is very easy to use and works well :Thumbup:

4. PeteMM Premium Member Club Supporter

Northern Ireland Pete Belfast, UK
    wooohoooo

Thank you, as the majority of my viewing is from the phone and I despise using the browser in comparison to tapatalk even with its limited capabilities.

5. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Been using tapatalk all day today and it's works really well I get prompts on my iPhone as and when a thread as a new post. Happy days

PeteMM likes this.
  6. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

Aye I have found the mobile notifications really useful myself.

7. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    What I like even more you have disabled the silly tapatalk banner which say posted by TT using iPhone or android

8. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

Oh yes I did, first thing I jumped to soon as I got the integration sorted :Laughing:

9. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I have a MASSIVE issue with Tapatalk there is no way you can set the new thread alert to silent ,in the middle of the night it goes ping ping and it waking me up .

Not to mention it's annoying ..I think I have to remove the app until they get a fix.

10. Dave Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Nooo is that why its not been working today? What's with the alerts? I don't get any alerts on my phone unless someone likes or quotes and then it doesn't make any noise if my iphones on silent....

11. Dave Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Sorry it is working, must have been an o2 network problem.

12. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

I'm not 100% sure on iOS, but on Android there's quite a lot of customisation options for notifications including "slient hours".

unnamed.

You should only get reply, quote and like alerts through Tapatalk. I think not making any noise when your iPhone is on slient is intentional. Check to see if you have the settings like above.

13. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    No such menu on iOS mate .. it sucks.

14. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

Apparently there's a section dedicated to Push notifications in the Settings panel on iOS, can you take a look?