General NSX Global Unveiling Video

Discussion in '2nd Generation (2017)' started by Nighthawk, Monday 12th Jan, 2015.

1. Nighthawk Guest

United Kingdom Richard Milton Keynes
    It starts at the 6:50 min mark

The first 14 mins of the video is just chatting and gearing up for the unviel. 14:30 secs of the video, it starts getting interesting, a brief look at the original NSX with Aryton Senna etc before the unviel.

Performance figures at the momet are as follows:
    - Over 550 BHP
    - 0-60 in under 3.2 secs

Watch The Live Reveal Of The New Honda NSX Right Here
    - - - Updated - - -
    Oh man, that things sounds absolutely gorgeous - 17:30 sec mark.

Ichiban likes this.
  2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    At 17:10 is the first time the car is shown.

3. Nighthawk Guest

They discuss all the technical aspects of the car, pricing, different specs of the car etc. @Ichiban - this vid is a goldmine for you I think. Loads of information

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds

Just looking at NSX documents now mate whilst this is running in the back ground.:BooYeah: My jaw has dropped a few times already.

Nighthawk likes this.
  5. Nighthawk Guest

Do I need to order an ambulance now for you or shall I wait an hour?
    - - - Updated - - -
    Honda NSX: sold out in the UK - BBC Top Gear

All NSX's in the UK already sold out. Thats a pity, I was going to get a different coloured one for each day of the week.

6. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    already keeled over mate :stretcher:

7. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    "It's just bad asss !!"

Amazing technological and engineering achievements have been made with the NSX :clap::party:

8. exec Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom London
    Looks fantastic and all. But does anyone else think Honda has lost a bit of its character and USP by joining the crowd with turbo's? Quite a jump to go from a V6 and now they are going to twin turbo it for production model.

Also is the dual clutch box Honda's or off the shelf third party?
    - - - Updated - - -

9. Nighthawk Guest

I don't think so personally - the twin turbo scenario. Quite a few cars have employed this with great success, such as the Lotus Espirit V8 twin turbo and the Supra Twin Turbo - they are still amazing cars even today. It shows Honda moving on with the times here. This car, if the statistics of its performance are true, is going to be absolutely mind boggling and will take on the high level prestige performance cars. Doing that with just a V6 would be unrealistic when competing against V10 turbos etc.

10. Mr Honda Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Ireland Dublin
    Just to add, as the video states, the 9 speed dual clutch is their own in-house design.

Also, what documents is Ichiban looking at??

The 2015 allocation is sold out, there will be more!!

11. bijomaru Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom Rob Swindon
    Is the video available anywhere? Can't find a recorded version :Frown:

12. Mr Honda Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Ireland Dublin
  13. exec Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom London
    Not saying it won't be a success. Just that there isn't really anything special about, its very derivative, as nearly every other manufacturer has the same sort of drive train and setup. For example sticking with Japanese cars, the GT-R is exactly the same, so objectively speaking the new NSX isn't really anything special or different and not a gamechanger in anyway. It might be a fantastic car and might go on to sell loads, but other than that I am struggling to get massively excited over it. The one thing its got going for it is that it looks superb, far nicer than most of the competition. Also made in America, how good are the Americans? Seeing as though how Swindon is criticised, I would be more wary of the American build quality.

I hate to say this as a Honda fan and on a Honda forum, but I am more excited over seeing what the upcoming Lexus baby LFA is going to be like, especially if it gets superb N/A V8 engine from the GSF.

14. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    :taunt::taunt::taunt::taunt:LFA they don't even make their own engines.. so you more excited on car which is outsourced!

15. exec Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom London
    It was co developed with Yamaha, so they still had plenty of input, but that doesn't really bother me, its the product that excites me and not who they have made it with, which in this case is a bonus as Yamaha are a top engineering firm. The LFA has nearly everything I would want in performance car and from a purists point of view too, a high revving linear V10 with probably the best soundtrack ever, a manual gearbox, its a proper involving drivers car, whereas the new NSX is going to be turbo, a hybrid, automatic, and everything run by electric, its car that you will be driven in rather than be driving, everything I hate in a car. Call me old fashioned, and I probably am when it comes to cars but I would take the original NSX any day of the week, its the perfect drivers car.

But I guess Honda have to keep up with the times and the trends of the day to compete, but I sincerely hope they haven't stopped making engaging performance cars built on high revving VTEC engines forever, if other companies can still make cars like that in these days of regulations then I'm sure they can build just one model like that.

16. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    The word co develop is a term which does even fit here .Yamaha put their name on the engine not Lexus. As for the soundtrack on the car Yamaha again helped entirely out in the process due to the musical instrument back ground. Both occasions all Yamaha developments. Toyota Lexus have done JACK.

So what have they done I will tell you kept accountancy master class how to save money.
    If I was Yamaha tell the accountant here one of bike get on it and p155 off we are putting our name on that car.