NSX NSX purchase

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by accordheritage, Wednesday 29th Jul, 2015.

?

Which car should I get

This poll will close on Sunday 29th Jan, 2017 at 7:41pm.
  1. NSX NA1 manual 1990

62.5%
  2. Audi RS6 Avant V10 700Hp 2009

12.5%
  3. Aston Martin DB9 V12 2005

12.5%
  4. Delorean DMC-12 1981

12.5%
  1. accordheritage Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

England York
    As some of you know I missed out buying a 1992 NSX in 2005 for the pittance sum of £14500. I was only 3 grand short but would have had to store it at my Mums as it wouldn't fit in my pokey single garage. Oops. So I made do with the Toyota Aristo V300. Sold that to fund the stamp duty and solicitor fees on my family home and have my wonderful family. Baby number two is weeks away and I've had a heart to heart with my wife and a new car shopping list has grown into a freakishly interesting read of potential Aristo replacements.

I need some real feedback as to which car I should get. My heart is set solid on an early NA1 NSX manual, though three similar priced cars have caught my eye.

All the cars in the pictures are the same price and all are cheap to insure, believe it or not.

1990-1992 NA1 NSX manual
    Audi RS6 V10 700HP Avant 2009
    Aston Martin DB9 Manual 6.0 V12
    Delorean DMC - 12 1981.

Help!!!! Getting costings and going on test drives soon. Looking at about 18 months or until baby settled to get a car.

Everyone please push me to get the NSX but the main car that is tipping me is that DB9. Help.

Oh my 79 Saloon Accord is up for sale and so will be 76 Civic unless I'm jammy I'll keep Civic.

Come on everyone give me the push to get a car chosen.

HondaNSX-Silver1a. media (10). media (9). honda-nsx-S509752-1. media (15). media (17). media (16). media (19). media (21). media (20). 5354489. keith-lemon-drives-delorean-dmc-12-43047-image1.

Last edited: Wednesday 29th Jul, 2015
  2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
  3. Harvey Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I'm torn here, NSX or DMC12

both are legendery in their own right, the DMC will be instantly recognisable, people will want their pictures with it, because of a series of films.
    don't get me wrong, its a very flawed car and the 2.8 PRV6 is a gutless turd of an engine (though DMC of America can supply upgrades, brand new)

The NSX is also an awesome car, so thats why I am torn.

4. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Aston Martin for me easily.

5. Harvey Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

The only thing with the Aston, is if it breaks, it will be expensive.

6. Duc de Pommfrit Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Chester Northumberland
    :sherlock: NSX :dunce:

7. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    The Aston and the Audi will probably cost a fortune in running and repair costs. NSX for me, definitely!

8. vincemince Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

I'll be the devils advocate
    How long will you keep it
    How much will it cost to you for the period you have it
    How much on resale will you get

I was looking at getting a DB9 a few years back but the numbers did not add up for me

That's the financial side

Practicality wise what suits your needs

Emotionally which do you prefer

Bet your torn ! Make sure you test drive

Look at Aston Martin owners forum it will give you realistic costings and problems to look out for on DB9
    I wish you luck do your homework

9. Nighthawk Guest

United Kingdom Richard Milton Keynes
    DMC are notoriously unreliable.

Audi I wouldn't even look at.

My brother has an Aston Martin Vantage - he changed the clutch the other month, cost him the equivalent of 9k just for a clutch change (he lives overseas). The 6 monthly services costs him just over a grand alone.

The NSX is just still absolutely gorgeous even though its 25 years old

NSX for me - hands down.

10. exec Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom London
    I think it depends on what you want from the car. It's a bit of an odd list, the Audi is a very clinical, sterile, fast large estate but has no clue what driving dynamics is. The Aston is more of a cruiser, personally i don't like them as I see them everyday so they don't feel special and mostly driven by playboy posers who didnt want a Porsche. The DeLorean is a cool classic car, but its old and antiquated.

So that comes to the NSX, one of the finest supercars ever made that is still used as a benchmark by manufacturers when producing supercars and sportscars. If your a Honda fan and have the chance to buy this how can you say no?

11. HondaHeritage Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

slim london
    that sound like a total rip off
    you should be able to gat a new clutch kit supplied and fitted for around £1500 mark you,ll find the NSX is probably around the same

Nighthawk likes this.
  12. Pottermus Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

When I'm in the position to buy my halo car, I will settle for nothing other than an Aston Martin.

Regardless of costs, it's something I've always promised myself that I will one day own an Aston.

AccordCU2 likes this.
  13. vincemince Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

My 81 year old mother in law likes the silver NSX

Good luck choosing

14. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Aston Martin or NSX. I'd go NSX for sure.

The others I wouldn't even give a second glance to.

Nighthawk likes this.
  15. bijomaru Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom Rob Swindon
    I'd get the NSX any day :Smile:

16. nsxer Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

like you i hope to own an Aston Martin at some point and the db9 is on my list.
    i am fortunate to currently own an NSX at this present time
    I have heard the horror stories on servicing for AM and Ferarri
    but NOTE the NSX needs servicing too ... your looking at age that will require work. certain NSX parts prices are obscene especially with SL0 on the code!
    these are bespoke to NSX

Im torn between the both cars you are interested in. would not entertain the audi as its a modern car and will offer little driver focus or involvement

a DMC is a nice car to have in terms of owning a classic

i have a mate who is big into them and does lots of work on them and knows em inside out. if you need to contact him i can put you in touch if seriously interested. you really need to know what you are buying into!

the NSX in the 4th pic down (red one) was my mate's car from here, albeit the wheels were changed. That car is now in Norway; my mate had done a lot of NSX-R conversion on it. It was a mint car

if you want any NSX info or general chat pm me and we can chat via here, phone etc

best of luck with your decision

Nighthawk likes this.
  17. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

I'd have the DeLorean in a heartbeat.

Second choice would be the NSX but as others have said, they are very different cars.

Harvey likes this.
  18. accordheritage Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

England York
    Quick update.

Delorean is out. Not fun enough anymore. Rubbish engine, gutless and only afford a left hand drive not one of the converted ones.

Audi out. Very fast but as boring as my Aristo was. Yawn.

DB9 will be visited soon. Must be a manual.

Off to see an NSX manual tomorrow.

It'll be all about the drive.

Harvey likes this.
  19. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Good luck with the NSX viewing bud, keeps us in the loop.

Harvey likes this.
  20. accordheritage Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

England York
    It's an import over in Keighley. Worth a view not handled an NSX for a while. Just want to see what it's like. I'm not ready yet. Must sell my green saloon first. Any interested parties let them know. I would take offers of £5.500ono. The car I'm off to see tomorrow is pics 2 and 3.