General Nurburgring

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nighthawk, Wednesday 29th Oct, 2014.

1. Nighthawk Guest

United Kingdom Richard Milton Keynes
    Saw this video earlier - I love it how the VAG groups and BMWs are just taking themselves out by hitting either one another, oversteering into walls, or understeering and fishtailing it into walls whilst some Japanese cars just sail by them.

4:23 is quite amusing - he needs to learn how to handle rear wheel drive.
    6:18 - M3 is helped out by a beetle...lol
    6:32 - Two bmws try mating with each other unsuccessfully.
    8:23 - love the sound of the mitsubishi galant I think it is.

RogerH69 and SpeedyGee like this.
  2. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    I'd call that the BMW traction loss compilation :Laughing: That Galant did sound amazing, but it wasn't going anywhere fast.

3. RogerH69 Premium Member Club Supporter

South Africa Roger Oxford, UK
    I'd love to go round there a couple of times. Too nervous though, so would probably just putter putter around the course :nea:
    Is it wrong for me to get a strange (warm) tingly feeling whenever I see one of those German cars going into a wall ? Obviously I wouldn't wish any harm to come to the drivers / passengers / spectators, and it does hurt to see ANY car damaged, but still....

Last edited: Wednesday 29th Oct, 2014
  4. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    No it's absolutely natural :Laughing:

Best scene is in winter, when it's snowed and you see BMWs crashed/abandoned/stuck here there and everywhere :lol:

5. Nels Moderator Staff Team

You don't have to wait for winter to see that!
    Do remember though, that the motorway tow trucks are depending on the German and French brands for a living.
    So too do the mechanics in their dealerships.:Whistle:

6. Harvey Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Your dead right there @Nels , even my old Astra was better in the snow than most german rubbish, and that thing was virtually slammed.

7. Duc de Pommfrit Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Chester Northumberland
    I do recall smiling at a BMW driver struggling to get out of a supermarket carpark in heavy snow, he was still there when I came out and drove straight past him, now laughing.

Anxiety and Harvey like this.
  8. Anxiety Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

ADRIAN GIBRALTAR
    Nothing to do with Nurburing but about snow. On thing that has stuck to me from when I lived in UK it was snowing and I was sitting in trafic in my Rover 214 (Honda Concerto copy lol) behind a Jaguar XKwhatever and he could just not pull away. The wheels just spun and the whole car was just sliding down the road camber into the curb.