Introductions NZ member

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by worsley, Monday 20th Jul, 2015.

1. worsley Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

New Zealand graeme Taumarunui
    Hi.Names Graeme and I live in a small NZ town called Taumarunui.I just imported a 2004 Honda Stream and am hoping to get lots of info and help from this forum.I can't use the car yet as it has not passed an inspection similar to an MOT inspection.They have rejected the after market HID lights.I am not sure how to return the lights to Halogen bulbs.The hole in the light unit is not round and looks like it takes an H1 bulb.However the hole surround is plastic and I can see no provision for the ground contact and I wonder how hot the base would get and if it would melt the plastic.Also,I found the original headlight plugs still wired up and they take two spade terminals but the gap between the spades is wider than, for example ,an H7 bulb.So I am not sure which way to go and none of these bulbs are cheap in NZ.
    I am sure I will have more questions in future.

2. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Hi Graeme, welcome to Honda Karma.

Please do add your car to the Club Garage we would love to see lots of pictures of her.

According to this page HONDA STREAM (2001 - 2004) Car Headlight Bulbs | PowerBulbs the Stream uses H4 bulbs for the main beam.

But you say the plug only has two connectors on it not three ?
    - - - Updated - - -
    Can you post some picture of the connector and the hole on the headlight that the bulb sits on.

3. worsley Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks Speedy.Unfortunately my Fujifilm camera won't work and I don't have a phone camera.But I did look at the light plugs and I see that they have two wires but they will take three spades.Looking at H4 pics it looks like there would be a problem with the wire clips which hold the bulbs in place.The H4 has two base flanges and I think the smaller one is supposed to locate in the headlight unit hole.My unit has a rectangular hole with two small holes for locating pips which is why I am thinking of H1 bulbs.

4. worsley Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Fixed.I couldn't see how the H4 bulbs would fit.It looked like H1 was the correct bulb but I was puzzled by the single spade on that bulb.The Honda had no earth for that bulb.Then I noticed that the 98 Mazda that I own had H1 bulbs in the high beam lights and that these bulbs had adapter plugs on them that fit the Honda plug.So the fix was to install the Mazda parts in the Honda.And I will hope to find more parts at a wrecker to restore the Mazda high beams.

5. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Good job ! Glad it's sorted !

6. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Hello:Bye:and:welcome:to:gohonda:Karma

7. Nels Moderator Staff Team

8. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

Welcome to HondaKarma @worsley :welcome:

Plenty of people with lots of know how on here who can help with most problems :Thumbup: