Electrical & Lights OBD port and other questions with FR-V

Discussion in '1st Generation (2004-2011)' started by sajj, Monday 19th Sep, 2016.

1. sajj Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

sajj blackburn
    Hello,

This is my first Honda FR-V and need to locate the ODB for my bluetooth ELM 327 reader.

Also looking into replacing the internal lights with LED but how do you take the damn covers off them.

Spent the weekend figuring out how to remove the Stereo with the help of this forum. Wasn't sure whether I needed to the white plug out or the whether the whole black plugs come out to remove the control plugs.Picture below.

IMG_20160917_114033.
    Stuck on whether I need to remove the cup holder as well to remove the stereo, as it's the standard stereo that comes with the FR-V with no SAT Nav.

I also wanted to say thanks to all the people here on the forum who put the guides up as the information is invaluable.

Saj

legend-ary likes this.
  2. DrSam Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Sam Birmingham
    Hi and welcome.
    The OBD port is on the driverside. Look above the clutch pedal on the left.

Interior light is just clipped on. Use a small flat screwdriver gently.

3. legend-ary Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Legend The Big Smoke
    Hello and welcome to HK!

4. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    @sajj can you post a picture of you dash and your current stereo as there are a few variations of the FR-V dash and number of OEM stereos.

5. Bones126 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

England Dave Birmingham
  6. sajj Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

sajj blackburn
    Thanks sam, found the ODB port.

Will look at attempting to take out the fitted stereo without taking the cup holder out as my whole centre console came out easily. Just need a few hours spare in the day.

Thanks for the replies.

7. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

@sajj, I like the way you call an it OoooDeeeBeee port and not a OooBeeDeee port :Grin:

DrSam likes this.
  8. RobsyUK Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Rob Milton Keynes
    Welcome to HK!

9. sajj Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

sajj blackburn
    So finally got round to fitting the aftermarket stereo in the FR-V and I've got to say it's one of the toughest jobs I've ever encountered. The cup holder screws are the worst. Also this was done with a bit of swearing and lost a spanner :depressed: behind the Dash somewhere (hopefully not too dangerous as could locate where it went. ). Then to top it all off the car would not start because the new stereo pulled in more amps.

So went down to Halfords this morning to get a new battery. Now just need to see if I can add the reversing camera as cannot locate a cable to connect the reverse cable to. Also steering controls not working.

The dash in pieces and also the handbrake is stuck but still drove it into work. Hope I didn't break anything. The new frame did not have screws to hold it to the double din dash frame.

@SpeedyGee I'm used to IT acronyms :Grin:.

Bones126 likes this.
  10. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

What head unit are you installing @sajj ?

Would be good to see some pics .. add some to your cars Project Log please
    - - - Updated - - -
    @Allwoods Audio maybe able to advise with regards sorting the steering controls out.

11. sajj Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

sajj blackburn
    Fitted the new Stereo and not a perfect fit but will have to do. Need a stereo trim round the stereo as a gap can be seen around it. This one is a sinocastel Chinese Stereo.
    IMG_20160927_082018.

Now need to figure out how to add the reversing camera.

SpeedyGee likes this.