Electrical & Lights obd2 arrived and i not sure wat any of these means 100% any help please

Discussion in '6th Generation (1997-2002)' started by eviltony, Tuesday 27th Aug, 2013.

1. eviltony Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

hi i got my obd2 reader today and heres the results can any1 explain toi me dad said might be pollen filter causing it could it be anything else and is there anything i can do thats cheapas poss or wats it gonna cost to sort out roughly and can it be done myself

here is the log i emailed to myself

Fault log report generated by Torque for Android
    =================================================

Vehicle VIN: Not present
    Vehicle Manufacturer: Unknown
    Vehicle Calibration ID: Not present

Current Fault Log
    ------------------
    P0500: Vehicle Speed Sensor
    P1166: [Honda] Primary HO2S (No. 1) Heater System Electrical
    [Seat/Audi/Volkswagen] Bank1, Long Term Fuel Trim, Range 2 Rich Limit Exceeded

P1167: [Honda] Primary HO2S (No. 1) Heater System

P0141: O2 Sensor Heater Circuit (Bank 1 Sensor 2)
    P0443: Evaporative Emission Control System Purge Control Valve Circuit

Pending Fault Log
    ------------------
    ECU reports no pending faults

Historic Fault Log
    ------------------
    ECU reports no historic faults
    Other discovered fault codes
    (possibly pending, current or manufacturer specific)
    ----------------------------------------------------
    ECU reports no other fault codes logged

End of report.

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    you o2 sensor has a failed heater element you will need to replace it. Once you replace it deleted the DTC's and rescan. You will see majority of them dropping off.

There is a guide for the VSS by Andy try that too

3. eviltony Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

so replace 02 sensor where gd place to get and yer asked if pic of it VSS bit out so can find it essier

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Call Holdcroft Honda or look on ebay loads of alternatives out there . The VSS picture is very clear fella, what is it you can't see? get a torch and have a look in your engine bay.

5. AndyB1976 Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

United Kingdom Andy Aberfoyle
    Your O2 sensor will likely be related to your exhaust replacement from the other thread. Were either of the sensors reconnected or replaced?

6. eviltony Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

none were replaced or disconnected unless when was unscrewed ss mate cut back pipe off cat illhave a look see if disconnected if can see it as for speedo gonna have a look in a sec anything I can try to prevent replacing it

7. AndyB1976 Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Whats your engine? Mine, the F18B2 has both sensors under the car, front one is just by the flex joint and the other is just behind the CAT. I think the f20's etc have a prominent one (1st) on the exhaust manifold.

I've only got a pic of the first sensor, you can see the wire leading down to it in the background. The second sensor is further back again.

tn1_11Handtightenbolt_zps3b482b4e.

Did you DeCAT it?

8. eviltony Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

i still got cat on it
    mate jus took off cut it off as bo;lts or things were rusted on as 2002 exaust never been changed
    was nightmare to get off as i tried for ages grinded back box off aswell and replaced so could be cos iv replaced it so theers 2 i see 1 on the cat and there 1 on the downpipe only thing anyway of checking wich 1 ius gone as this only happened after changing the exhaust so i assume its the 1 on the cat ill have to go under and have look see if plugged omn or take off give a clean see if that helps

9. AndyB1976 Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

The O2 sensors have been known to fail on our cars at around our ages. I've not replaced mine yet, but its on a 'known' list of up and coming work. In other words I won't be surprised when my code reader throws up those codes.

Apparently they are tough to get off, you need/want a crowsfoot or a 22mm(?) o2 sensor socket to lessen the chances of rounding the hex.

Here is some reading unless you have already seen them...

http://hondakarma.com/threads/207/

http://hondakarma.com/threads/79/

Last edited by a moderator: Sunday 23rd Feb, 2014
  10. eviltony Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

tried getting it off couldn't do was a pain might take cat off and see if easier access will help might try heating it up to remove as dad suggested or might see if i can replace cat and sensor with new 1 on bright side i think i sorted my powersteering fluid leak soon find out in few days gonna go scrap yard and get speed sensor as they have couple Accords there was gonna see if any cats there that aint as old as mine or replaced with sensor onit

11. eviltony Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

well I've now changed the VSS and still no speedo :Frown: so im guessing it must be the cluster is there a guide to remove dash and is it easy to do any1 know

12. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    I don't think you actually mean "removing dashboard" as that would mean the like whole dash. To get the instrument cluster out, usually some screws and pulling the cluster out (maybe one other panel too).

13. eviltony Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

well wanna get cluster out so I can see if tgats problem

14. eviltony Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I mean so I can get the speed dial cluster bit out to see if thats rge problem

15. eviltony Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

right well changed cluster still no joy doe any 1 know if there is a way to reset cluster or something or anything else i can try for the speedo to work as change sensor and cluster could really do with a speedo any way round it be great

16. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    I didn't think there would be any problems there. Have you replaced your VSS sensor yet ?

17. eviltony Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

yer the VSS sensor i replaced doing my nut in trying to work out wat cud be as change the cluster nothing changed just the speed dial bit over nothing only since alternator went this happend dunno if they need to be reset or something if theres a way of doing

18. AndyB1976 Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Apparently fuses 6(15A) & 9(7.5A) in the drivers side panel fuse box could be an issue. Maybe have a look at them

FuseDriver_zps5734ee2f.

19. eviltony Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

i will have a look in morning and mite jus go get some and change them to be sure to rule that out as im sure when i looked last time they seemed alrite but can't remmeber wich 1s i looked at otherwise god knows

20. eviltony Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

yer fuse 6 had blown all working now :Smile: ty for ur help also got my jvc head unit in now sound nice with tge bose set up wad just the harness was wrong no messing with the amp