Suspension, Steering and Brakes Occasional Squeak

Discussion in '8th Generation (2008-2015) [Acura TSX]' started by bigroncoleman, Monday 1st Jul, 2013.

1. bigroncoleman Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi all

Over this past few weeks, i've been hearing occasionally a 'squeak' coming from the car. It's not always there, only comes occasionally, doesn't seem to be triggered by anything that i can figure out e.g. doesn't come on when i corner and can happen on straight roads. As soon as i tap the break it will stop but can come back on immediately after i lift the foot from the break. Might squeak for a mile or so then stop. Wouldn't say it's a very loud squeak, but not a quiet squeak either, reasonably loud i guess. Very random....

Probably impossible to diagnose without looking at the car i know but any ideas?! :Smile: The car was services not that long ago and i did mention it but they said nothing obvious seem to be causing it, possibly 'dry' bushions or suspension i was told?!

Thanks

BigRon

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    You need to ascertain is this noise internal or external first. External they are be numerous sources and its a case of elimination in a methodical manner. Internal one the ones to look out for are

Sunroof sunshade not properly closed make sure you feel the shade locking
    Sunshade above your head not clamped in its holder after use.
    Your dark glasses aka shade in the top holder dangling about
    open and close glove box compartment as well as cubby hold next to your switches to the right of you (driver side)
    additional source can be the A pillar which can required some foam to quieten it down on it edges.

3. bigroncoleman Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks mate. It's external for sure. It's coming from the right hand side, either front or rear wheel area, very hard to be sure if it's front or back...

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    get you wife\partner to drive the car up and down your street ,with you on the street listening :Smile:tell her to mimic the noise and see if you can hear it more clearly.

5. bigroncoleman Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

LOL! That would be a funny sight to see! :Rolf:

This squeak noise occurs so infrequently that if she drove up and down the street, it is very unlikely to occur which makes it all the more frustrating to diagnose....:Frown: Might hear it 1-2 times per week on the 26mile jaunt to and from work but doesn't happen every day!