Optional Extras Odd rear sensors

Discussion in '3rd Generation (2006-2012)' started by emacie, Tuesday 28th Jul, 2015.

1. emacie New Member Getting Started

United Kingdom emacie UK
    Hi I am looking to replace my rear parking sensors for my CR-V EX. One broke (see pic attached) and is being held on by a cable tie! And now one has recently been stolen (see gaping hole left in pic!). When I reverse I now just get a continuous high pitch beep as if I am about to touch something. I called my dealer for a part number but he believes this could not be a genuine part as CR-Vs do not have sensors on the rear bumper like this. I'm at a bit of a loss as to what to do/where to find a replacement part??? Any help much appreciated please! Thanks.

Attached Files:

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Those look like some after market hacked reversing sensors, the continuous high pitch beeping is the reversing sensors unit.

You could buy the replacement trim\bumper but ditch the reversing sensors.

3. emacie New Member Getting Started

United Kingdom emacie UK
    Thanks that seems sensible. Do you know if it is easy to disconnect the bumper sensors and retain just the official ones (i.e. how to get rid of the continuous beeping...)? Thanks in advance.

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    When you take the bumper off you will see the wiring for the sensors disconnect that and trace the cables into the car you will find the sender unit which makes the buzzing sound disconnect al of that and you are done.

5. i-DSI Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Belgium Aalst
    Hi, most units have a separated (small) speaker that makes the buzzing sound. Mounted in the housing of the rear speakers (that's how it should be...).
    Worth having a look over there to find out where the unit is located by following that wire. Unit can be hidden behind the boot trim.
    I mounted Cobra after market sensors on my Accord and above is how Cobra works.