General OEM Acura Parts - placing an order soon

Discussion in '4th Generation (2004-2012) [Acura RL]' started by timkk, Wednesday 11th Feb, 2015.

1. timkk Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi guys,
    I'll be buying parts for a big service soon. If someone would want to split the shipping cost by ordering something in one package let me know :Smile:.

2. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Hmmmm, can't think of anything that I may need from there.

Anyone esle ?

3. Blues Legend Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

When's the big one (belts n'braces) due?* Mine was built '07 but registered '09. I'm thinking of buying the service kit & plugs & points (yeah right!) if necessary.

I also could do with new front discs and pads all round. But they will make it heavy.

What were you thinking of buying, Tim?

EDIT; *72,000 miles or eight years, apparently. Oh, and the NSX has had the 'big ones'. Dics/pads might be useful.

4. timkk Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

@Sam-Legend I was thinking of buying everything you listed, more or less. I'm not sure about brake discs yet and I was also thinking about backup alternator :Wink:.

5. Blues Legend Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

I'm Nick, not Sam; Different Leg End.

Do you really need the alt. if the old one ain't broke?

6. timkk Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Oh snap, sorry Nick :Wink:. From reading for quite a bit about these alts it seems to me like it's Legend's achilles heel. I hope it won't die down but better safe than sorry... I've had strange situation recently when dashboard lights dimmed for 2-3 seconds while driving for no apparent reason. No error codes logged and everything seems to be working fine. Checked charging voltage, battery condition and all seems to be fine but it's worrying. It's happened only once since I bought a car. I've bought stethoscope for further investigation :Wink:.
    I'm planning 3000 miles trip in April and I hope it was only a fluke...

7. Blues Legend Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

No problemo.

Modern cars are full of FREDs and often throw these one-off faults, just like computers & phones crash too, so I'd not be overly paranoid. Just put is down to WSH and it might never again.

I'd try a new battery first (or use a battery conditioner on it) since they're cheaper. Leg Ends often start showing weird faults (sudden SH-AWD failure, alarm paranoia) yet still fire up OK when the battery gets weak. But I suppose having a spare alternator's no biggie.

8. timkk Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

@Blues Legend I'll be ordering parts when I get back (hopefully :Wink:) from holiday, so probably mid May or later. Let me know if you decide to add your parts to the order.
    If someone else wants to join up , there is still some time to do that :Smile:.