Guides OEM HID Bulb Replacement

Accord 08-14

1. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
  2. SweAccord Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

not on a dtec right?

3. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    on the Continent you do get HID as standard unlike us .. so you will have HID lamps on your car.

4. SweAccord Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

On exe its standard, and I've got it. I meant its not the way to change HIDs on dtecmodel? Go through inner fender on my car don't even let me see the backside of the headlight. Not near to reach the HID.

5. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Strange the WSM suggest it is the same on both models. :Unknown: can you take any pictures?

6. SweAccord Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I will try again,gave it one hour last time on the batteryside. My hondaman says ill have to take the front off.

7. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    must be some additional steps on a LHD car as compared to a RHD car? please keep us posted.

8. Techi New Member Getting Started

Techi
    I spent over an hour trying to replace low beam bulb tonight could not get anywhere near it, removing fender turned wheel fully right to gain as much access as possible. Behind fender was air intake piping I think it's called, was unable to remove that and could not reach around it, managed to tip the back of the indicator bulb which was of no use. So must admit I'm was very disappointed I couldn't change a bulb in my new car, what's that all about can anyone shed some light before I go paying garage prices for changing a bulb.

Cheers
    Techi

9. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Such is the way with all modern cars Techi. Engine bays no longer have gaping big holes that you can actually stand in. Everything is crammed in.

Do a Google and you'll see, issue is pretty much across all cars.
    £200 to change a car headlamp bulb? It's no joke | Money | The Observer

Some European cars require a full front end strip down, needing some 4 hours of labour.

I don't own an 8th Generation so Im not sure which is the easiest way to do this. @Ichiban maybe able to advise though. He should be along soon.

10. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Yup bulb change is not the easiest on the 8th Generation and it will get harder with new cars, you have to strip a lot to get to it. Diesel has more plumping in the way so it even harder.

11. Antsah Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

"7.Do the accelerator pedal kick down click system learn procedure. "

Can you tell us more about this?

12. julekasMobilek Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Lithuania Julius Vilnius
    What kind of bulb should i use:
    D1R
    D1S
    D2R
    D2S
    ?

13. Ichiban Founder Staff Team