Electrical & Lights OEM HID D2S Bulb Replacement

Discussion in '8th Generation (2008-2015) [Acura TSX]' started by Robaloy, Monday 25th Nov, 2013.

1. Robaloy Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Anybody out there know what the OEM HID D2S Bulbs that are fitted in 2009 Accord Tourer low beams, the reason I ask is that Honda want £98 per bulb and I feel that is a bit steep so I want to purchase myself and get them to fit for me?!

Rob

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
  3. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    The original bulbs are made my Stanley Japan item 5

B__0801.

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    If you are going for another new HID lamp you may want to change both of them as the Stanley one is approx 5300K IIRC, and you will have two headlights emitting a varing shade of yellow\white.

5. Robaloy Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks for that, I have a 2.2 I-DTEC EX, would you recommend buying a pair of these bulbs and have you bought from this seller before, are they genuine Phillips bulbs?

6. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    EX never got HID does your car have ADAS only then did the EX get HID? No mate I havent bought any from that seller and they look to be genuine. I would remove the fused bulb to make sure you have HID fella.

You sure you don't have an aftermarket kit?

7. Robaloy Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Sorry I have got the EX-GT and I think everything was standard as only 1 previous owner was company car, definitely HID like Daylight lol

8. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Right so you will HID's then :Smile: the easiest way to know they are HID is when you turn them on . If you car is facing a wall you will see the light flicker and then gradually brighten up. The halogen will not flicker and will emit the same light intensity.

Have you spoken to HH parts team to see if they can source the OEM HID bulbs slightly cheaper than what you have been quoted?

I will also look up the HID learn procedure as HID needs be resynced as well safety as the HID igniter hold a transient high tension up to (25,000 V) so SAFETY is a paramount when changing HID's.

9. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Rob I have updated your car details so we don't have this confusion again :Wink:

10. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Last edited by a moderator: Sunday 23rd Feb, 2014