Engine & Gearbox oem oil filter for V6??

Discussion in '6th Generation (1997-2002)' started by jaywood, Friday 10th May, 2013.

1. jaywood Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Brands
    Just dropped the fluids on my 3.0 J30 and the Honda filter is smaller than the bluepoint aftermarket oil filter.
    Can anyone check this number 15400 - RBA - F01 thats on the box it came in.

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    It is the correct filter bigger does not mean better :Wink:

It the same for the AT boxes people put bigger filters on which hold more fluid in the filter when it should be in the sump.

3. jaywood Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Brands
    Cheers fella, very true on where the oil should be. It doesn't leak but with the diameter of the new filter is a good 6mm less and seals against the inner section within the housing I thought it best to check as this filter is the same size as the one on my ntv 650.

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    The S2000 filter has the same thread pitch as you RBA-F01 but its bigger as the S2000 is a high performance engine.

5. jaywood Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Brands
    Hmmm going to have to cross reference a couple of sites as I've now got conflicting info. I'm thinking the V6 can hold either and maybe the bluepoint one was for an S2000.
    That offending item is long gone now.
    Got another one in the garage so will measure up and go and have a look at the S2000 one whilst I'm passing.

6. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    It could have been for the S2000 buddy.

7. jaywood Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Brands
    S2000 ??

Sounds like a drum and base act.

Edit. Showing my age now as I should have said dub step act.
    The words used by the automotive industry baffle me, Jaguar using 'unleash' when finally flogging the f type was enough to not bother to have a look at the v6s.