General Off to France

Discussion in '8th Generation (2008-2015) [Acura TSX]' started by Smokingman, Tuesday 12th Jul, 2016.

1. Smokingman Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom John Lincoln
    Hi.
    Just after a bit of advise, taking my Accord to France in Aug - Sept. Over here it has been feed Shell diesel since I have had it, is Shell or similar readily available? if so what?

John

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Just be careful what you fill as the Frog's love bio diesel don't fill that. When I and Leo went to Geneva we saw loads of Bio diesel pumps on the French side.

3. Nels Moderator Staff Team

You can search for Shell or BP filling stations with your sat nav. That's what I did this year.

4. Smokingman Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks guys for the replies, last time I was in France I had a Renault and was not too particular what it drank! but the Accord is a different thing all together. Had a very brief look at french Shell website and there seems to be some fuel stations around, not looked at BP. In the unlikely event i'm miles from either can you recommend an alternative?

5. mikey77 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I live in France. When I bought my 8th Generation three and a half years ago it was the first diesel motor I've ever owned so I asked the dealer whether I should use 'premium' diesel - having heard a lot about DPF problems, etc. He said 'no, it will be ok on ordinary'. I do a lot of travelling and since then I have run it on supermarket ordinary diesel and the standard stuff from the likes of Total, Avia, etc, with no issues. The only time I experimentally put Total 'Excellium' in it at a big hike in price it didn't, indeed, seem to make any difference at all and the promised improved fuel consumption didn't materialise either. So I wouldn't worry too much...

6. Smokingman Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

@mikey77 thanks the the reply. It will be my intention to not use supermarket fuel as i have been told that it may be part BIO which is a no no!! however some supermarket fuel will be OK just be careful at the pump, maybe the odd tank full would not hurt.

John.

7. mikey77 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

If you look for Total Access (formerly Elf) service stations with the grey (everything new in France is grey) livery you'll find their ordinary diesel is virtually supermarket price - ie about 10-12 cents a litre below ordinary filling stations. Bon voyage.

Nels likes this.