Facelift Model Off to Look at Getting A New 8th Generation

Discussion in '8th Generation (2008-2015) [Acura TSX]' started by John Dickson, Wednesday 4th Sep, 2013.

1. John Dickson Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Hi folks,

Now I still don't doubt we will be getting 9th Generation Accord at some point in time but fast coming round to the idea that I simply can't afford to wait til 2015/16 or whenever it finally lands.

Looked on Glass's Guide on line the other day and at best I'd get £8,320.00 as a trade in for 8th Generation in excellent condition. By the time the 9th Generation does eventually arrive it will be a lot less than this - £5k if I'm lucky!

Going to my dealer this afternoon and see what deal they will offer me - they've already said a good one but now it's time for them to put their cards on the table; money where their mouth is...

The 8th Generation is a superb car but let's not forget it's a superb car that's 5+ years old. Aint paying top dollar is what I'm saying really so gonna bargain hard. Maybe I'll get one see what the figures line up like...

2. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Good luck John.Hope you get a good deal.
    Let us know how you get on.

3. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I may join you I may sell my 7th tourer for a new 8th Generation 2.4,I and Helen really love the 8th Generation and lately its a mad dash first to get hold of the car keys..:Smile:

choices to make and to be make quickly. We may join you John and I have already polished my two fingers when they offer me a Swindon wagon.

4. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Now you are selling it when I am not looking to buy a car.
    If only you said that bit earlier I would had it in blink of an eye.

5. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

^^When I had a top line discussion a couple of weeks ago, my 2012 I-DTEC EX Auto with 20k miles was valued as between £14k & £15k.

Could have probably pushed to £16k, and the 2.0EX Auto they had on offer had a £5k discount (new and unregistered) in dark grey metallic.

Last edited: Wednesday 4th Sep, 2013
  6. John Dickson Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Thanks Zoran. They've offered me just under the Glass' valuation for 2009 2.0 EX in excellent condition. Obviously the luck will be pushed to try and get them to up their offer! :lol:

Bad news CJ there is no allocation of 2.4 Accords for the UK. They looked on the system and it said no availability. :Sobbing: I was kind of liking the 2.4 idea! :Sobbing:

All they can get is 2.0 VTEC and I-DTEC in limited colours of Graphite, Black, Silver for delivery mid January 2014. Didn't need my two fingers, they didn't even try to offer me a Swindon Wagon.

Actually I had a test drive in I-DTEC Accord and I have to admit I was impressed. Much better than the VAG diesel cr@p I've driven in the past.

That sounds like a bargain FirstHonda.

7. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

Dealer was Honda in Hemel Hempstead (Hertfordshire). Bit of a trek for you (!!)...it isn't listed on their website any more so may be gone. Perhaps worth a call if what you are after though (it was an auto)?

My local dealer has had a new (white) I-DTEC EX manual in their showroom for a few weeks, so there are some about, no doubt with deals to be done :Thumbup:

8. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    John when I got my 2.4 there was no car in the country just order and patiently wait mate. You know you want a 2.4 :Wink:

John Dickson likes this.
  9. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Well the I-DTEC is not a bad car at all John and finally a dealer listening to their customer and not what they want to offload on to you.
    FH that deal on the 2.0 is really good you can refuse a deal like that!

10. John Dickson Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I was prepared for a wait for any Accord but an even longer wait for a 2.4 so I was resigned to the fact and happy to wait. They said there is no manufacture allocation of 2.4 for UK so I asked point blank that if I ordered one does that mean they would not make it and I'd never get it. They didn't say no but the answer was pretty much the next best thing to that... :Sobbing:

I get the impression that the corporate sales (which are healthy apparently) are mainly I-DTEC and the private sales tend to be largely 2.0. However, the thing I don't get is that if the Accord is build to order, how come do they restrict the colours to Alabaster Silver, Graphite Lustre and White. If they are waiting for orders before they build, surely this means that any available colour can be ordered as well?

- - - Updated - - -

They said they may be able to get I-DTEC quicker but they acknowledged they realise that engine is not my personal preference so they've really listened to what I want and have tried their best to offer me the Accord I want. They're even going to double check through group Honda stock and see what is available and let me know. They had three Accords on the used forecourt all iDTECs EX, EX-GT and ES GT but also had a new ES GT in the showroom so it seems that they're still trying to sell the Accord even if other dealers aren't. :Happy:

The I-DTEC is a good engine and I admit I'm impressed which I never thought I'd say as I've always said "I'll never drive a diesel". Could this be a sign of the apocalypse? :lol:

11. Soapyw Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

That's a bit less than I was hoping for. I'm due a change in around a years time, may have to bring that forward!

12. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

I knew it was a very good deal, but my car IS only 18 months old. I also prefer a diesel for the type of driving / mileage I do. Just don't really need to change and spend the money at the moment I guess...

Quite a similar deal to when I bought mine - car new and available, been at the dealer for a while, and they just needed it sold - although mine was pre-registered and the discount vs "new" was £6k (even though it only had 5 miles on the clock and was in the showroom!):Smile:

13. John Dickson Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Hi Soapyw yes I was surprised at the valuation as well. I was going to hang off for the 9th Generation but don't think it's wise to do that now. Also gonna need new tyres and brakes soon for mine.

Mine has done 52,000 miles though so might be worth more if it was the other side of 50k.

- - - Updated - - -

Hi FirstHonda,

Yes you're right it's probably too early and therefore not very cost effective for you to change yet. Getting such a good discount also means you won't get hit as hard by deprecation hopefully.