Aftermarket Kit OH......MY.....GOODNESS

Discussion in '4th Generation (2004-2012) [Acura RL]' started by Sadsack, Sunday 3rd Jan, 2016.

1. Sadsack Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Mo Cheshire
    I have finally received my parcel from Russia, after having been round the block for customs and security clearance etc.

Inside is the most beautiful thing ever made since I was brought to life :Smile:Grin:Smile:.

It is a black leather and wood gearshift knob with contrast stitching.... Pics to come SOON.......stay tuned

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
  3. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Oh oh stop teasing and get some pics ASAP.

4. chris2982 Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom Chris Rowlands Gill
    Pics!!!!

:Smile:

5. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

:video:

6. Alano Premium Member Club Supporter

^ what they all said :Smile:

7. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Has the polaroid come out yet ?

FirstHonda, legend-ary and AccordCU2 like this.
  8. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

Be fair, Truprint take a while to send back the photos after you send the film off in that envelope...:Laughing:

9. vincemince Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Waiting for David Bailey to come round me thinks

:nosey: Now which of these is the best pic ?

:What: Not this one :What: Not this one. :What: Not this one. :What:

This one , take it now quick as you can :bike: :Whoosh: :Whoosh: :bike:

10. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

David Bailey? Never heard of him...

11. Sadsack Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Behold....

Wait a minute....getting a low memory error on my phone!!! Will have to use laptop later.

David Bailey? Never heard of the bloke.

FirstHonda likes this.
  12. Sadsack Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Behold....
    gearknob.
    Scoured the whole of the internet for this. FInally found a Russian car parts website, and used Google translate to contact seller, and job done.

Cannot wait to have this fitted. Just need to sort out 2 new front tyres (Michelin all the way), and a few other bits and bobs, and I can then rest happily knowing my little baby is perfect

13. chris2982 Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom Chris Rowlands Gill
    Very smart :Niceone:

14. vincemince Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Wow that's quite cool best one I have seen for the legend so far

Nice one

Sadsack likes this.
  15. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Oh very nice.

Sadsack likes this.
  16. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Shamone he heeeeeee! with white gloves.

17. timkk Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Wow, what website did you find it on???!!? I've been looking for it for ages! arggghhh, so jealous ! Could you check one thing for me? Is it real piece of wood or is it plastic? You might be able to tell if colour is slightly different to the center console's colour (which in 2007 with Radar is real wood). If you take a closer look saturation on the center piece is slightly lower than on side wood pieces. Wood pattern is sharper on the real thing as well

18. Sadsack Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi @timkk
    I found it on drom.ru website. I searched everywhere initially. Looked at all US stock then Europe and then Japan. Finally searched on Google via the actual part number and I found this Russian website.

I had to use Google translate to obviously figure out what was going on as my Russian is a little rusty. Anyway contacted this guy and I was initially very dubious. However turns out guy is really nice. He has the facelift KB2 and is a massive Honda Legend fan. He sells lots of Honda parts. Sent me out this part via DHL. Took over a week and a half but finally got it.

He also sent a little gift for my wife! A handmade flower to put in her hair!

I will check if its real wood or not. I don't think it is but will confirm. It honestly looks amazing in real life. A thing of sheer beauty (if my wife reads this then I will leave this part for you in my will timkk).

19. timkk Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

20. Sadsack Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

I'm not crazy, used to be but been much better since I escaped from my straightjacket. :Nuts:

I'm just obsessed at getting my car perfect and thought I was there until you just showed me that link for the centre console:hairout:

I paid about 50 quid for the part. Won't say how much shipping was but now I understand why it's so hard to get things to and from Russia!

Part number is 08U92SJA610.

Last edited: Monday 4th Jan, 2016