Engine & Gearbox oil change problem

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by MickyB, Tuesday 20th Mar, 2012.

1. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Hi guys

Can someone give me some tips here or am I just missing something.
    I changed my engine oil on Saturday as per the excellent detailed instructions here in the forum.
    Everything went very smoothly until today when I checked the level to find that there was only a small amount showing on the dipstick, the oil was topped up with 4.2 litres as per the requirement for change with filter. Am I missing something here ? Do I need to top it up to the required mark or is there something else I should have done.??

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    you put 4.2 litre in buddy then you don't have to worry. Honda recommendation for checking oil level are

1. Ensure that the engine has reached normal operating temperature.
    2. Park the vehicle on level ground, switch off the engine and wait for 5 minutes.
    3. Withdraw the dipstick and wipe clean. Insert the dipstick fully.
    4. Withdraw the dipstick and hold horizontally while reading, to ensure that oil does not run up or down the dipstick.
    5. The oil level should be between the maximum and minimum marks on the dipstick. Volume of oil required to bring
    oil level from minimum to maximum is 1.0 litre.

lastly engine oil overfilling can result in serious engine damage.

3. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Ill check
    It again it might have been cause I moved it out of the drive ?? Like I said I'm probably being a .....lol

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    flat surfaces do help bud ..:Whistle: