Guides Oil filter DIY replacement.

Discussion in '8th Generation (2008-2015) [Acura TSX]' started by sev, Monday 16th Apr, 2012.

1. sev Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi
    What cup oil filter wrench fits Accord 2.2 I-DTEC 2008 and what torque should I use?
    Thx

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Hi Sev, This is an estimation since I don't own a I-DTEC Accord there are 18 flutes on the plastic cap (Can any of the I-DTEC owners please confirm) based on that you can buy a generic cap.

If you want to buy a Honda genuine tool you can get this from any Honda dealers the part number is 070AA-RL00100

The Specified Torque is :
    25 N·m (2.5 kgf·m, 18 lbf·ft)

3. sev Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks for torque spec.
    I'll measure the dimension myself and go for normal cap to keep the costs low.
    You can get it for £7 on ebay, comparing to £45 honda price, its a bargian :Wink:

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    nice one bud please do tell the amount of flutes on the cup or a link as it will be beneficial for others.

5. Gazza Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Gazza Borough Green
    Hi
    You can get one in Halfords for £6.99 its made by Laser and its 76mm 14 flutes

6. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Excellent you going to do a DIY on oil change for us too ? :Thumbup:

7. sev Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

:Wink: you're welcome

8. sev Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

The trick is, because on Accord you can change oil filter without draining the oil, you can do it betwen oil change intervals, just to keep the oil cleaner = healthier engine.

9. SayamaAccord Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

I think some fleet companies do it the other way round and change the oil but not the filter sometimes.

Personally I would only do both at the same time.

10. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    oil filter and engine oil at the same time , why would you want to filter dirty oil any further.

11. sev Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

To keep it clean? :Wink:
    All I'm saying... it's so easy to do it, you "may" allowed yourself to change oil filter more often that oil.
    Peace :Wink:

12. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Sure is this something you have been doing on our previous cars? Just intrigued really not mocking it. The time takes to change the oil filter is next to nothing you can do it whilst draining the oil from the sump.